Dancing on Sanity's Edge
[html]

(365) Oh so rambly Raze.

Vesper is by me!

It was a bloody cycle. Prejudice led to violence led to prejudice, and every individual felt justified: a wolf raped my mother, coyotes destroyed my home, a hybrid slaughtered my children. In the end, it always came back around, and no true instigator could be found other than the fear that existed in all of them—the inherent xenophobia that was deep instinct for the animals. That was how she knew it would never end, no matter how much the luperci evolved socially. The same bestial mind that forced them to hunt and fight and reproduce drove away the sick and the strange, killing away any potential threats before it was too late.

Heavy thoughts, and far too heavy for the young coywolf. She was not meant to stop and ponder all this; she was meant to defend those she loved and prepare herself for whatever came as a result. She was a scout, a fighter, and a leader.

The golden wolf spoke words of reassurance, but they fell flat. Understanding meant nothing, and it was almost impossible to achieve; one action led to a million. She’d heard of individuals who brought down the destruction of their entire packs because of their actions, and she knew she couldn’t do it. Inferni would always be the band of outcasts, not quite full coyote but not wolf enough to matter.

Let them hate, so long as they fear, Vesper thought, and she understood a long line of Aquilas and warriors before her.

X’yrin smiled at her, and she tried to return the expression, but she ended up shaking her head. She didn’t know just what her friend was offering, but she knew she could not ask the Nomad to fight. The reasons were more for the pride of the clan than her Shepard’s happiness; she really wanted to accept all the help she could, but this was their fight.

Just be here for me, the tawny coywolf entreated, her ear falling back and a whine leaving her. Just be there when this is over. That’s all I can ask. She would need healing, and she couldn’t do it all on her own.

<style>
.vesCute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.vesCute p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.vesCute p.image {text-align:center; float:left; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesCute .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.vesCute .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.vesCute b {letter-spacing:1px;}
.vesCute b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesCute b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesCute b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.vesCute u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread