New home. New life.
Elroy was sitting atop her shoulder, chattering away. The martin wasn’t particularly fond of the birds flying around him and Adriana, or any bird really. Adriana loved birds but was still struggling speaking with them. It was simple for her to communicate with Elroy and Dalia but birds were still somewhat difficult. Adriana lifted a hand to stroke the martin’s head, attempting to calm him down. A larger Falcon, assumed to be the chicks mother, knocked the two around a bit before the three flew towards a female, who seemed to be the same age as Adriana. She quickly stood, not wanting to be rude to the fae. Stepping forward with a smile on her face, Adriana spoke slowly, trying to get the words right. Hello miss. Am fine, not bother me. I like birds. A frown formed on the woman’s face, upset with the horrible attempt at speaking English. It was thick with her French accent as she tried to apologize. I apologize, still learn English. Yet another failed attempt at speaking.

Once she was close enough, Adriana gave the woman a small bow of the head in greeting. She smiled and held out a hand to the bird on the woman’s shoulder, attempting to give the bird a small greeting in low speech but having difficulties with it. Elroy made it clear that he was not interested in the birds by completely ignoring their presence. Adriana smirked and introduced herself and her companions as Dalia stepped closer to the docks. I am Adriana, or Rina. Either fine. This Elroy and Dalia. The English still wasn’t very good but it would improve with practice. Perhaps she could find someone who knew both French and English that could help her better as well.

Messages In This Thread