[M] A book's the way to go
[html]

WC:: 200+

Drin heeded Jiva’s warning and with great care, she gently lifted the blade from his offering hands by the hilt. Eyes dazzling with fascination, she shifted the blade from side to side in her hands examining the the curves and edges. The knife was plain and nothing truly stood out, but she was mesmerized nonetheless, running her fingers lightly over the worn black marks and imagining what could have lain in the socketed spots she looked up at Jiva with an eager smile before handing the weapon back to him.

I’ve never seen anything like it,” now bereft of the object, she still kept her eyes on it though it was in his possession once more. “I know my meemaw had tools like this, or at least I imagine she did, but I was never able to see them.” She shrugged with the thought, but her enthusiasm didn’t falter. “What is this tool called? I can see it’s probably used for cutting,” she said pointing to the sharp side of the blade. The mohawked wolf would probably think her odd that she didn’t know the name of the object she had just held, but she wasn’t embarrassed by her lack of human knowledge anymore. Drin could tell Jiva wouldn’t judge her, well at least not in a negative way. Her right gloved hand moved a little too close and her finger nicked on the blade's edge. With a light intake of breath she withdrew her hand which was already starting to bleed. "Ouch, that is sharp!" She laughed, examining the blood pooling on her pointer finger.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread