a certain kind of silence
[html]
i guess denver isn't such a big jerk anymore. or at least right now. >>

The girl kept calling him sir, and despite wanting it, he wasn't sure he liked it. It was a dutiful sort of formality that would've sounded better if he were the Boss. But he wasn't. Sure, he was a Confidant, the King's chosen, trusted and loyal. Still, it was too much. Her meekness had caught him off guard, and he backed off half a step, trying to get a better look at her.

Denver's pale eyes appraised the slave, whose appearance, he thought, was did not befit a slave. He wondered where she'd come from. Who found you? he asked, prying. The goings-on of his home were always his business, and the appearance of this new slave had him interested. At least she can speak, he thought, and at least I can understand her. 'M Denver, he offered, crossing his arms as he watched her, wondering. Does Sirius know you're out? The pale mutt glanced to and fro, cautious of company. I ain't helpin' you escape or nothin', he added quickly, not wishing to endanger his or Maggie's place in the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread