you are my delight
[html]

350 words

It was good to be alive. Good to be here. Here in phoenix valley. Home of the ones who rose from the ashes. Deuce took another drink from her bottle. She was sitting on the roof of the beachside house she'd claimed as hers. Sitting, staring at the clouds. It was early to drink, but she had every right to. Her children were scattered, her mates gones. She herself had been scarred and disfigured. She'd never findherself another mate. And she wanted so badly to overpupulate the world with more Deuce babies.
Puppies.
Whatever.
She hiccuped, looking at the empty bottle in her hand with some disgust. It had been full when she got on the roof. Luckily, she'd carted a few extras with her. Yes, life was going good. So why was she so damn miserable? Was it the recent meeting with Soran? The knowledge that Lucifer was still alive and well? The fact that her pups were growing up? Or was it just that she enjoyed being miserable?
Maybe she was never meant to be happy. In that case, why did Rhiannon force her to stick around? Deuce waved the bottle at the sky, where she imagined the shining goddess to be watching and laughing. Damn you Rhiannon! I reach out for things, and still you deny me them! I can beg and plead, and still you stop those things from happening! All I ever wanted was a little bit of love, and you won't even give me that! Sure, ya gave me my pack, but it's not something I can curl up with at night! She stood up, felt unsteady, and sat back down. The roof wasn't steep, but it was off the ground. last thing the drunken woman wanted to do was break those ribs again.
You took them all way from me, Rhiannon. Why? Why give me love and then take it all away? What did I do so wrong? I cherished my loves. I held then close. And you took them. All of them. You made me alone again. She hated being alone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread