First Words
[html]

Sorry for the wait

Word Count → 319

Palaydrian relaxed as Kiara did, visibly exhaling as soon as Kiara settled down and reduced her dominant stance. A friendly grin crossed the youth's face as Kiara began to talk. She reacted with the expected surprised reaction when the young mother admitted to her avoidance of the shifter virus. Although she was not entirely used to the reaction, Kiara expected it. She had yet to meet any who weren't surprised, although there were some who acted in more... extreme ways.

Sapphire eyes caught a glimpse of longing in Palaydrian's eyes. The other's multicolored gaze drifted past Kiara to her den. The young mother's ears flicked back and her own sapphire eyes burned. She let out a low warning growl to the stranger, making her intentions very clear. Palaydrian was not to even attempt going near her den or her puppies. Satisfied that her warning had been heard, the young mother settled down again.

The arctic female was extremely reluctant to tell Palaydrian anything. She was afraid of rejection, or worse, acceptance and celebration. Kiara didn't want to celebrate what was taken from her, but she didn't want to be shunned or treated like an outcast either. Both scenarios ran through her mind as the other spoke and Kiara took a deep breath before speaking. "I... I wasn't born a luperci. But about a month ago, some... dog infected me with the virus..." Kiara paused, her whole body was shaking and she felt a surge of emotions that threatened to break her control. It was hard to talk about, the nightmare still very fresh and very real for her.

With a few deep breaths, the white female continued. "I was infected, but... I haven't shifted yet. I haven't felt anything wrong with me. I don't know if that's normal or not. What do you know about those who become infected? How long will I have to wait before the virus takes over?"

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread