Things change, my dear
1 or 2 others. Smile

[html]

The large cat swung his bright gaze over his shoulder and spoke a brisk, gravelly meow. Blaise emerged from the emerald forest, still with her eyes dull and sad, her mouth shaped into a pout. She had worn that expression since her pack had disbanded, and while the cat wanted to be sympathetic to the girl's suffering, he couldn't fathom female teenage emotions. Nor could he understand these pathetic attachments canines always formed with one another. When she came beside him near the river, Zargo tried not to look at her. But he felt the slow, diminished motion as she crouched by the water and began to drink.

Grinding his teeth, the old tabby inhaled deeply and spoke in a slightly clipped tone. There is salmon. Zargo will teach you to fish. Blaise didn't respond until she had finished drinking, which irritated him.

The young wolf stared angrily into space before at last turning to the cat. .... Okay, but I'm going to sleep first. I'm tired. she spoke, sullen. She was exhausted. Zargo had been running her around for weeks, and she was fed up with pointless roaming.

Zargo rolled his eyes, which Blaise noticed. Her lip curled into a vicious snarl, but before she could erupt on him, the cat spoke with gentleness that startled her quiet. Yes. I will look for fish. The cat crept upstream without another word, for today she did look very tired. Angry wolves were best avoided, too.

Blaise scoffed quietly. Zargo forgot that she could tear him to pieces if she wished. But as she watched him slink further up the river, hear ears fell and tears streamed from her eyes. Zargo was her only friend, yet she had been horribly rude most of the time since Crimson Dreams broke apart. Still crying, the thin girl turned a few circles in the soft grass that bordered the river and curled up there, her tail tip draped over her nose. She closed her eyes against the midday sunlight and listened to song of the river, but could not be lulled to sleep.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02-box {width:292px;height:248px;float:right;}
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8979bb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebfeb02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ebebeb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LzVfU.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bfbdd3; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#baadc1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread