Things change, my dear
blaise needs some cuddles!

[html]

Naturally, the child didn't realize how obvious her circumstances were. She no longer smelled like other canines, and even her thick fur couldn't hide the sharp angles of her bony figure anymore. But Blaise did notice the same smile on the woman's face that Anu and Artemis had worn the snowy afternoon she stumbled into Crimson Dreams. Though Blaise didn't care for being pitied, the gentle concern in X'yrin's gold eyes comforted the girl.

Startled by the unexpected splash of violet, she intently watched the pretty thing as it descended from the woman's rich mane. It landed perfectly on the amber paw and Blaise's lips parted in awe. She hastily returned her attention to the lady as she explained her purpose here by the river with a wave of her flowered paw. Her family was relocating -- together, as far as the grey girl knew. Why couldn't Crimson Dreams have done the same? Blaise still didn't fully understand why her family had broken apart, but it seemed to her that a few of them could have gone somewhere together, rather than abandoning each other completely.

I'm Blaise, she answered, dipping her muzzle slightly. She stalled for a second. I -- I used to live with Crimson Dreams... But they disbanded. Her tone lowered with sadness and she felt herself tensing with happy memories.

At that moment, a displeased meow made her jump. Blaise looked around and spotted Zargo, standing stiff, staring suspiciously at the autumn-toned wolfess and reeking of fish. Despite her recent irritation with the old cat, she grinned instantly when she saw him. He seemed satisfied with her smile and wandered to the riverside to rest. That's my friend, Zargo, she explained. I thought he might bring me some fish, but I guess he only found enough for himself. Cats were such selfish creatures.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02-box {width:292px;height:248px;float:right;}
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8979bb; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebfeb02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ebebeb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LzVfU.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bfbdd3; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#baadc1; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread