i go where the s[p]irits carry me
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Consider this a buffet... and go nuts! Big Grin

His agreement to her offer warranted an elated wag of her tail and a soft, pleasant whine as she further advanced toward him with a noticeable bounce to her step. "Wonderful!" she explained, forgoing her stand a leader to her Family and instead fell into the comfortable role of a lone, eager wolf.

"As fortune would have it..." she continued in a mirthful tune, "there is a cache not far from here that we use to dry the meat. It is just a little ways, I assure you... and the stock is worth the travel." Or so she hoped, as an afterthought. Knowing well the appetite of the Family's smaller members, it wouldn't have surprised her if she lead this male to their reserve only to find it was nearly all eaten... or in the process of being eaten. But if that were the unfortunate case there were plenty more places to find a prepared meal, or if there was the trail of game nearby, perhaps a hunt would go underway.

Humbly the she-wolf dipped her head before addressing the traveler, doing well to keep her tone rather modest and light as she attempted to lead him away. "Please... come with me." And trusting their little agreement would encourage him to comply, she leapt back upon the protruding stone then vaulted to its neighbor quite the span away. Truly, it was unnecessary to travel atop the stones as she did, but there was a kind of playful bliss in doing so. Though the uneven surface grated her paws, she still continued to leap from one to another til the overgrowth of the land made it difficult to plan her next bound and she was inevitably placed on solid ground again.

From there she led him toward the glistening distant lake, just out of reach of its brilliance but near enough to see its reflection of the sun. Swiftly she turned from the beckoning light and led them toward a densely made den of earth, stone and twigs. The scent of meat was strong around it, but so was the collective scent of the Family that marked it as theirs. Hopefully there would be enough to fill one, if not both bellies this afternoon. But so long as the story-teller's was filled, she was fine.

384 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread