i go where the s[p]irits carry me
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Her eyes, though far from young, had not witnessed the horrors of battle. Yet her ears had had plenty of their share of the travesties that came with conflict. Her mind’s eye could only imagine these horrid scenes described from the lips of the survivors. It was both a blessing and curse she hadn’t experienced these atrocities for herself; a blessing in that she could maintain her brilliant outlook on life and continue to offer her words of comfort, but a misfortune in that she would never truly understand what could tarnish such brilliance in life. And having never taken a sentient life, never knowing that scarring effect it had, she could not wholly call herself a warrior save by the terms held by her family. She was a warrior of a different kind, one that was not bathed in the blood of battle but was harnessed to ensure the travesties of war and pain would never be brought to those under her care.

“It is sad that it happened…” she offered softly after some time of reflection. “But it is fortunate that you were not in the path of the fighting. Truly the ancestors had plans for your journey to continue… for it was not to end in the fields of China.” Humbly, the woman dipped her head to the generosity of her spiritual guides knowing all too well of their mysterious and profound ways. “Perhaps there is still a path for you to walk, and this encounter was but a pause on that journey.” Returning her head to its fullest height, she smiled. “Though I am grateful for it.”

000 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread