Great Expeditions
[html]

TLBig GrinR She tells him a bit of her life story/sheds light on why she would be so sheltered. Tongue Sorry I got carried away fleshing out her past.

Word Count → 1000+

The bicolored ocean eyed femme allowed the stranger’s hand to caress her cheek. Such a small touch of affection was enough to almost make her cry, but she closed her eyes to stave off the threatening moisture. How she had longed for Jiva’s touch again, but with the surprise appearance of the coywolf, she wasn’t sure if he had the same feelings for her. Her eyes fluttered open upon Zeitgeist’s reply. He too felt at a loss for another. Drin gave him a shaky smile and nodded, now the two shared a common ache. She was smart enough to decipher the longing in the dappled dog’s eyes, but she allowed him to keep his secret. Is Jiva just a friend?

The question would remain unanswered for now, as the world traveler began offering her incite on lands she had yet to see. Freetown sounded like a fantasy. Drin knew there were others who loved their optime forms and preferred it over their four legged personas, but she couldn’t imagine a whole community of weres just walking around and going about their business as if they were humans. The Siamese femme hadn’t noticed that her maw was drifting open in wonder. Though the port he spoke of frightened her, the tale of it was so alluring. The young wolf knew she would have to drink this town in with her own eyes to truly understand its charm. “Amazing...” was all she could muster as she tried to wrap her head around his words.

Anger replaced the past sadness in her ocean eyes as Zeitgeist tried his best to give the wolf answers on slavery. The thought of purchasing one’s freedom made her feel sick. The young Soul couldn’t believe there were creatures out that traded other beings and made money off of them. This new found rage threatened to break her usual pleasant demeanor, but she clenched her fists at her sides instead and shook her head in disbelief. “Guillotine has found a true friend in you,” she commented. “I could never stand by and allow such an injustice to happen...the world is so different from where you have come from, I’m not sure I like the sounds of it,” she admitted, but not with the intentions of hurting him.

All these places you have mentioned...they are foreign to me,” she shrugged, but her curiosity was far from sated. Drin sat down next to her new found acquaintance and stroked the grass idly with her gloved hands. “Italy, England, France...they sound like a whole different lifetime, if that makes sense?” She gave a soft laugh through her nares before continuing. “You probably think it, what’s the word....savage? This land here...everything in it,” she glanced to the side at him curious of his reaction when she casually gestured to herself.

For example, you are the first canine I have seen to don fabric,” she did not know the words to describe his vest or hat. “I hail from a place a few weeks travel north from here. I was born in a wolfpack in what I suppose the creatures around here would call the wilds,” the words came easily to her after being so long carried in her head. Zeitgeist would be the first to hear about her upbringing. “My family was the only bloodline in our pack to carry the virus Luperci. We were discriminated against in a pack that valued tradition and the old ways above all else...and my father who did not carry the gene, was the only one in my family to ascend the hierarchy in the pack. His voice on the council of elders and the respect he received was the only thing that kept us safe,” Drin sighed, remembering the hardships of growing up and the trials Tyris had gone through to win the acceptance of his family.

Izrian had infected her pups when they were born, just as she had been infected from her mother Fawn. It was in their blood, ever since Syliat had bitten her to share the gift. “My grandfather, Sufyx, paid dearly to have my grandmother accepted. Fawn had been the initial bearer of Luperci...and they feared her, because they didn’t understand.” Drin thought of what Syliat had told her, “their blind ignorance eventually oppressed us, and we were not permitted to shift. I think they thought Fawn could infect them all...but that’s hardly the case. Sufyx fell from the elder council to what is considered the pack’s punching bag, the Omega,” she frowned at this, still in disbelief that this had all happened before her time. “He was accidently killed in a pack hunt before his only daughter, my mother, was grown.” Syliat had hardened the young wolf’s heart to this, and she had always known the truth, but never spoke to her her grandmother about it. Old wounds had never healed, and the sadness was etched in Fawn’s face.

When my mother became eligible, Fawn was afraid she would never find a mate. Fortunately, Tyris, son of a gamma within the pack had found a soulmate in my mom and quickly took her and my grandmother under his wing,” she smiled thinking about her father and his love for Izrian. “His influence and well-earned leadership became our freedom, and eventually I think they forgot our differences, as the other pups in my pack were allowed to play with my brother’s and I, ” she shook her head and laughed. “So you see...you come from a place where being humanized is welcomed, but my past has always been a struggle to carry such a burden in a land where the wild is still untouched by all this,” she gestured towards his clothing once more, and all around them.

Here you can be on two-legs freely and nobody worries about whether or not you’ll bite,” she grinned. “I’m still not used to being in this form...I almost feel as if it’s taboo,” she looked down at her large paws that had eventually drifted to her lap.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread