Great Expeditions
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: That is completely fine hun. I don't mind reading it at all.

The longing was entirely his fault. Even though Zeitgeist had been assured that lust for the same gender wasn't a shortcoming he had never expressed how he felt about his friend to him. He had always squelched his desires when he had been in Sirius's company. And then when he could no longer stand being it Zeitgeist would go out and find someone else to spend the night with, having made the mistake of calling out for his friend once he had found satisfaction in the embrace of another. But never had he told the one that pined for such things. When he was around Sirius practically every day Zeitgeist had written off as only wanting what he couldn't have, not really something unusual with him. It was when the other was no longer around did the dog realize that the ache ran deeper than that. He didn't know if he would call it love but it was definitely longing and desire.

Zeitgeist found himself chuckling at her expression. He knew that he had worn that same expression himself a time or two during his travels. After all London was entirely different than Rome had been and of course Rome differed from Naples. Now that he was across the ocean everything was completely different from the way that he was used to living. It was all still so otherworldly to him. He had no clue that there were those that could live like this, not to mention them being happy to live like this. It was all just so odd for him. There were most definitely new skills that he would have to pick up if he were going to survive out this way. The way he acquired food would be one of them as he had never had the need to hunt before when he could easily eat a meal that he got off someone else.

Zeitgeist Glanced up to where Guillotine was as the boy was spoken about. "Admittedly I've always had a soft spot for the younger ones. I call him a boy but that isn't so. At any point he could leave me and venture off on his own. I only hope that I did enough to prepare him for when that time comes." Not that he had discussed the prospect of separation with Guillotine. Z had no clue what he would do once Guillotine decided that he was tired of following the older male around. Sure, the smaller male didn't provide conversation but Zeitgeist still cared deeply for him.

Slowly Zeitgeist drew his gaze back to the female as she spoke up again. "There is the good along with the bad as I'm certain is the way things are here as well." Zeitgeist was finding one thing after another that he wasn't fond of an this side of the world. Such as the distance he traveled before he had found someone to talk to. And with that it was only one being rather than there being a multitude of new faces to have run into. Zeitgeist couldn't say he was fond of how quiet and open and well, the way wilderness ruled everything on this side of the world. It was completely different from where his comforts lay.

The male gave a nod of his head as the female spoke to him. He felt to have traveled back in time when he had come over here. Zeitgeist played with the grass as well, plucking a blade from the ground to hold it between his thumbs and blow upon it to make it whistle. The act had been a child's game from his youth. Blades of grass had been plucked from the cracks in the streets by whatever pup was lucky enough to stumble upon it. But here the grass ran rampant and of course the game lacked the same appeal when the source of entertainment was so abundant. But he didn't have the time to mull over such thoughts as he was actually caught by surprise. He was usually so composed and collected but not this time. The surprise was so easy to read upon him and had even caused him to lose the blade of grass taht he had been playing with. "Well, yeah..." He responded meekly and cast his gaze quickly to the ground to hide the embarrassment that he suddenly felt. "I mean you seem okay and all but just the way things are over here." He spoke quickly, tripping over what he meant to say. "It is just so... open... with nature everywhere. And there is no one around. I'm not used to it. Where I'm from you can run into a few other at any given time. But here, it took days before I happened across you." He had no idea how she had gotten into his head and accessed exactly what it was that he had been thinking. He didn't think he had used the words himself. So it had really through himself off to have his thoughts read as he wasn't accustomed to being so transparent.

"I can't say that I know of anyone who isn't like this." Zeitgeist shrugged, meaning who could name none that weren't Luperci. "To find someone without the virus is a rare occurrence and is frowned upon by some. As for the attire while I find parts amusing." He paused there to motion to the hat, reaching up to jingle one of the bells. "Other than that there is practicality." He pulled items from the pockets of his vest, a large metal coin and a shiny stone that he rather liked. Of course there were other small items but he wasn't about to take everything out. Instead he put back everything, the map included, when it had all had a chance to be glanced upon.

"I doubt it will mean much but I must admit that I am rather fond of your form. It's beautiful." Zeitgeist glanced up at the female briefly before he seemed to become immensely interested in studying the blades of grass. He wasn't even certain if his assessment would even be welcomed after everything that he had already admitted to. He hadn't had such a heart to heart since he had sat with Sirius back in England.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread