Great Expeditions
[html]

Aww! I’m really enjoying it as well! Sorry about the delay, I’m in the process of packing up my entire place before I move to a new apartment this Friday and then the holiday break had me out of the house. Tongue

Word Count → 600+

Palaydrian had never encountered a wolf, coyote, hybrid, or really just anyone like Zeitgeist. Everything about the canine was new and fresh, very exciting for the sheltered girl who had come from a strictly feral pack. A land untouched by human relics, and surprisingly secluded from the Luperci strain which had so clearly ravaged most of the earth’s remaining dog populations. Z represented the future that Drin could only have dreams of seeing one day, but his presence alone helped to open her mind to the possibilities. True, she was afraid of the places he had described, but this was simply due to the ignorance that had been ingrained in her head as a pup...the not knowing made everything new dangerous and yet in the angel’s conflicted heart, she couldn’t help but be drawn to this mystery like a moth to an open flame.

She scoffed softly when Z protested her claim. Drin may have caught the eyes of her pack brothers back in her homelands and perhaps the neighboring pack males had taken a liking to her, but once they found out which family she came from, they immediately grew cold and withdrew their flirtations. She was an anathema in the pack. Lovely, but unwanted for her blood. The fear of Luperci was too instilled in their ways of life, conjuring superstitions the young would grow up actually believing. In fact when she had gone through her first heat cycle a week before she had been chased off, the males joked that if they fell for her intoxicating scent, she’d lure them to a dark place in the woods and maliciously infect them against their will. The claims were ridiculous, but the aftermath of their rumors and teases had really taken a toll on the girl, making her believe she’d never have a male to call her own.

Bella, she repeated with a smile. The thought of learning a whole new language enthralled her. Blind...possibly, but my blood, this form, she gestured to her body, everything about it is ugly to them. I don’t think you can be beautiful if you’re feared, she mused, turning her attention back to the blade of grass. Drin was starting to feel relaxed around the dog, he made easy company and it flattered and pleased her that he found her so intriguing. It was an odd feeling, this attention she was receiving. She wasn’t one to get an inflated head, but she couldn’t deny that she didn’t like it...for once being in the limelight for her differences and not out in the public stockades for being abnormal. I find you quite fascinating as well, she admitted with a kind smile.

Suddenly he was moving towards her. Drin automatically stiffened, the old emotional scars of her abrupt departure from her homelands still fresh in her muscle memory, but she took a deep breath and relaxed when Zeitgeist settled behind her and his arms came around her body. A demure blush permeated into her cheeks as she thought about inn another time, she would’ve been burning up for this type of touch, perhaps even shamelessly grinding back into him, but thank god she wasn’t in heat. Drin’s head gently shook the thought out as she focused on what his hands were doing to hers.

She slowly brought the blade to her lips, very aware of the feeling of strength and support in Z’s arms, and took his advice by blowing against it hard. At first a shaky whirring sound was emitted, but with a little more force, a sharp whistle cut across the small valley. She dropped the blade in her excitement to cheer. Haha I did it! The young Soul squealed, turning in the grass to wrap her arms around the neck of her new companion. She withdrew with an embarrassed gasp, but quickly picked up a new blade of grass. Let’s try for round two, this time without Zeitgeist’s help, she was able to produce the same triumphant sound. Grinning ear to ear, she mouthed “Thank you.”

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread