Great Expeditions
[html]

WC:: 6+ Ugh...it’s nothing short of a nightmare at the moment, but thank you! -_-

Palaydrian tried to imagine what life would be like if she had grown up in Zeitgeist’s place, in the magical homeland he called Italy. A place where dogs walked on two legs and wore extraordinary colored fabrics. A land that so openly embraced humanization and the wonders of homosapien artifacts used so long ago. Her head swirled with machines and tools, gadgets and books, truly anything her mind could conjure to paint this mystery world the dappled dog had hailed from. Oh to be a walker on two legs there, bartering and selling her own goods. What would I sell? She asked herself, clearly deep in thought as she wondered how she would pave her own way in scary yet fanciful place called Italy. Flowers! Of course, the lady had a green thumb and adored growing things though her memory balked when it came to remember what each plant was actually called and what its true purpose was.

She could grow herbs and flowers and bring them to the market place. Drin knew which plants were poisonous...that much still rang true, and she felt that was all she really needed to know as she remembered Syliat making teas and poultices with all the other herbs, and infusing her secret concoctions with flowers. Yes flowers and herbs... she mused as a smile played across her lilac blazed mouth. The golden girl vaguely pondered if such a job was performed where Z had come from. Surely someone sold plants, if not for medicinal purpose then for the simple and delicate aesthetics of a petal.

Idioti, she murmured with a grin. So far she could call someone beautiful in Italian and then insult them in the same sentence. She snorted with a laugh when Zeitgeist mentioned she wouldn’t even harm a flea. He went too far, but he wasn’t so far from exaggeration. Drin had quite the heart and was able to forgive those who sincerely asked for it. She certainly wasn’t a warrior, but her angel’s heart sometimes got her into trouble. Wanting to rush to the aid for for a friend or fight someone else’s battle was a fool’s mind, but the girl wasn’t a fool...she was something of a nonviolent crusader, a martyr in a sense.

Her bi colored ocean eyes gently observed her new friend. He hadn’t pushed her away when her joy had overwhelmed her like a pup and she’d thrown her arms around him. No he had hugged her back. It was simple and sweet, and the moment had passed as if it hadn’t occured. She liked that he didn’t dwell to deepen her embarrassment, but she was realizing it wasn’t that big of a deal. Drin’s sweet smile only increased as she watched him play with his own blade of grass in his fingers. His story didn’t surprise her. How could it? She knew his world was much different from hers already, and she had already imagined a place full of towers like the abandoned cities and towns she had ventured past.

A thoughtful and slightly sad look passed over the fae’s face. I tried to imagine myself living in a place like Italy, but not having this grass, her hands gripped the ground beneath her, or the trees, forests, rivers, this open land, she gestured to everything around them, I just don’t think I could do it. My heart would ache for the wild...my wolf song, my destiny is here. Her ocean eyes turned back to regard Z. I’m sorry, I forget myself sometimes...you must be homesick and here I am going off about nature! Drin dipped her head in apology before speaking again. The paper you carry...could you teach me how to read it?

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread