Great Expeditions
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: Of course, you're welcome.

Ah yes, there had been florists among the market. What better to charm a particularly pretty gal with than a beautiful flower that one couldn't find growing just anywhere? Such was even more of a treat to find than the blades of grass were. But Zeitgeist couldn't say that he had ever paid too much attention to the petaled stalks though. The only time he had cared for them was when he was passing them along to someone else in order to earn an extra bit of attention for himself.

He chuckled as what he said had been repeated. "I could teach you more if you want." It wouldn't be the first time that he had coached someone else in the ways of his native tongue. It had been so long since he had an entire conversation in Italian. It hardly mattered though since he had grown much too used to peppering his English with a few Italian words. He could so easily remember the last conversation that he had entirely in Italian. But throughout it there never came the mention that he was being left behind. No, they had taken to conversing in Italian simply to keep their conversation private whilst remaining in a public setting.

Zeitgeist gave a small smile to her words. "There is no need to apologize. I've been away from Italy for quite awhile. I had moved from where I was born on at the cusp of maturity. I had been living in England when I moved here. Still the place was nothing like this. I can't say I've been anywhere before that had such open and uninterrupted space except while sailing across the ocean. It will simply take getting used to the quiet whereas I'm used to the bustle of living amongst others and wandering about crowded streets." His upbringing had made him a rather social creature and being so desperately alone with no new face to bump into for what seemed like eternity was something that certainly would take a toll upon him. He had to say that was the one thing he missed the most about the market. He enjoyed the ease with which goods could be acquired, especially food, but he missed the random conversations even if they consisted of nothing more than bartering for a better deal.

"It is a map and I will most certainly try." He pulled the map back out from his pocket and opened it so that the female could look at it again. "The friend I had mentioned was the one who taught me to read it before he left." He explained softly and stared down, wondering just how to start. "So I guess you just pick a name where you want to start." He said after pondering the situation for a moment. Zeitgeist wasn't used to trying to teach another how to read. He had tried with Guillotine but he wasn't certain of his success there as the boy hadn't repeated back Z's lessons so he had no idea if they took or not.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread