Great Expeditions
[html]

WC:: 7+ OOC:: Not fair, using that Italian persuasion on such an innocent girl! Tongue

Palaydrian still stared at the map, wide eyed and raring to go as ever. Completely giddy with the chance to learn something especially foreign to her once all feral life. Her gloved hands kept drifting over the letters and markings as if they’d disappear if they didn’t get the attention they so rightly deserved. Each marking had a purpose on the large scrap of paper, a total rarity in these parts if only Zeitgeist knew. The object he folded up, rolled, and stowed away was something of an artifact. An ancient thing around ‘Souls and something to be highly treasured. Drin’s ocean eyes had fallen upon books before, but nothing containing such vivid dye colors as this. Books were filled with words and letter she couldn’t comprehend, but this, as she noticed while studying it a little closer, had detail. Even without the knowledge of how to read, she could see what had to be symbols of mountainsides etched in the greenish brown shapes, and wave symbols in the blue which clearly marked it as the ocean.

She turned her eager smile to Zeitgeist and listened in fascination at what his explanation to her question had been. It made sense to pack food for such a long journey, but cooking was another thing. She’d made teas before and knew what cooking was, but had never had the tools or utensils to try her own hands at it. Syliat had said she had a gift with mixing things together though...surely brewing tea wasn’t so different from cooking? The golden girl wanted to ask what type of things were cooked. Surely they ate meat just as she did...but what else would be cooked if it wasn’t that? Her brow wrinkled in slight confusion, but Z had already moved on and was regarding the sky to see how much time they would have. Drin had thought she’d make the trek back to New Dawn today, but seeing how the late afternoon would soon be turning into evening in an hour or so, she didn’t think it would be all that bad to stay out in the valley with her world traveler friend, especially if that meant she could have her first reading lesson.

She was about to answer him about the subject of food and shelter when the dappled dog moved in closer and his hand came up to caress her cheek. A deep blush burned beneath his palm as she stared back into his silver eyes. I-I..would like that too... she answered, suddenly very aware of her pounding heartbeat and how close Zeitgeist’s face was to hers. The angel was in a position where she could easily lean forward and close the gap, perhaps plant a small kiss on the dog’s lips, but she reluctantly pulled away with the thought of Jiva. The red man wasn’t hers, but her feelings were true...her heart already belonged to another and kissing another man out of the hurt she felt would do nothing but make her feel more lonely. I’m sorry Zeitgeist...I mean no offense, she paused to search for the words to say. I feel like we’ve made a connection, but I’d be lying to you and myself if I wasn’t honest about my feelings. There is a man I pine for...and though I could see myself getting lost here with you, a hand reached out to touch his chest, it wouldn’t be real, as my heart belongs to another.

Her bi-colored ocean eyes regarded him with some wistful sadness, but she wouldn’t allow this awkward blip to destroy their newly kindling friendship. She smiled warmly at him and hoped he’d understand. Under other circumstances, the young woman would have probably been more receptive, but unfortunately she was being pulled in another direction. You spoke of a place and perhaps a meal we could share, she too now glanced up at the sky, I feel we’re in for a pleasant night, so why not build a fire out here and I can find us something to eat? She assumed Z was accustomed to cooked meals, and since he had come from a place where markets existed, she had little to no doubt in her mind that the dog wasn’t experienced in hunting. No matter, she was highly successful at what she did on a regular basis and would surely have no trouble stirring up something for the night.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread