Great Expeditions
[html]

WC:: 7+ OOC:: Aww, two lost souls swimming in a fishbowl...and surprise!

Palaydrian was all too familiar with the look of defeat and hurt that washed against Zeitgeist’s handsome face. Her attempt at brushing off his advance had obviously struck a chord and though she should’ve felt relieved that he moved her hand away, she felt that it burned in shame at his touch. How had she been so foolish? Her friendliness and candidness always got her into trouble. A day of meeting someone new and passing back and forth pleasantries had ultimately come to an end in utter embarrassment for one and apologetic shame for the other. The angel hadn’t meant to lead on the canine, but what was done was done...she couldn’t change his emotions, nor take back the way she had withdrawn.

Her mind wrestled with the guilty thoughts in her brain. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to kiss the dappled dog, she had felt drawn to him hadn’t she? What harm would a kiss do anyway? Her heart fluttered with loss and sadness when he folded the map back up and returned to the safety of his pocket. It didn’t have to be like this. They could get lost in each other now, out in the wilderness where nobody would know. But even as this idea was tempting, Drin knew she’d feel the shame just the same. Jiva was the name on her lips, was the wolfdog who had welcomed her into her new pack and immediately sparked the flames of desire within. Now there was the coywolf she had seen him with. What was happening there? If Jiva had someone else on the side...couldn’t she? What was she even thinking, he wasn’t hers to begin with...and neither was she.

Her ocean eyes regarded him sadly as he shook his head in response to her suggestion and withdrew in his own way, legs now crushed against his chest to cover his vulnerable stomach. His words felt like ice water had been tossed over her and a desperate whine slipped past her fangs. Please...Zeitgeist, she begged, suddenly feeling even more sorry for what she had done, what she had caused in him as she moved closer to him in the grass. A gloved hand reached out to caress his cheek much like he did hers. She didn’t know what she was doing, but wanted to make things right, their conversation and meeting couldn’t end like this. Her ears had bowed backward to rest against her hair as she spoke the following words, The man in question does not belong to me, nor do I to him....in fact, I saw him with another woman...I no longer know where I stand.

In reality, the fae didn’t know where she stood before she had run into him and Emma. Maybe they had always just been pack brother and sister to each other and that was as far as it went. Whatever the case, she had stalked away from the scene as fast as possible, leaving Jiva and the Inferni coy to their business while she contemplated the vile poison of jealousy sloshing about in the pit of her stomach. She had felt foolish then, defeated just like Z, and hadn’t stuck around the packlands long so she could clear her head and destress from a situation she was unfamiliar with. Her mind had flared with thoughts of them sharing affections, and even then she didn’t know why she felt so possessive, so cheated out of something she didn’t even have.

But here with the mysterious dog from Italy, nobody knew her whereabouts, he didn’t even know where she came from, and who knows what Jiva and Emma had gotten into the day she had left. Her eyes searched his breathtaking silver and she tried again. I’m not ready to leave... the thought alone had made her feel sad, but now confessing it out loud made her feel even more melancholy. It’s just a kiss. The golden woman slowly leaned forward in the grass, meaning to complete the motion she should have done when Z had first attempted his advancement. Her movements were hesitant and nervous, she had never been this close to a man, and had never been kissed.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread