Great Expeditions
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: Heh, yes, big surprise.

It wasn't all her doing. While she had tossed in her own lot there were other things on Zeitgeist's mind as well. Not to mention that he had a penchant for somber and morose moments when he would seclude himself from the world at large and poured his heart out onto paper. He had been on the brink of doing such for awhile now. It just seemed that this new pitfall was what it would take to push the dog off the precipice that he had so long rested upon.

This had been the entire reason for clutching at his legs. He was trying to fold in onto himself, trying to make himself as small and unnoticeable as possible. It was the physical representation of his internal wish to just disappear from it all. He would have gotten up and wandered off but he didn't want to chance that just yet. He'd rather wait for everyone to turn their backs upon him so none would see wherever it was that he would finally decide to hide himself. He didn't want to risk someone knowing where to find him and bothering him before he was ready to face the world at large again.

Having not a scrap of paper, quill, nor ink he couldn't scribble out what was going on inside. Instead he had settled himself to etching out words in the grass with a claw. Of course the blades gave no hint to the words that he was spelling out because he wasn't adding pressure enough to imprint them upon the ground. No, it was done more out of habit. Just so simply his way of coping and working through his darkened moods.

He was forced to pause in his endeavor as he was being touched once more. Slowly he drew his gaze up from the invisible words in order to look upon the female that had her hand upon his cheek and had called out his name. He only gave half a mind to her words, catching that she was speaking of her man and not really caring to pay attention to what she had to say about him. He had even opened his mouth to tell her that he didn't need an explanation but never managed to get out the words and simply closed his mouth once more.

The dog had thought to direct his focus once more to the absentminded words that he tucked invisibly among the blades of grass but found that he couldn't while Palaydrian still held his gaze. Once again his lips parted in thoughts of uttering that he would be the one to leave then but not even these words left his lips. They had all too quickly fled from his mind as Drin was leaning in towards him. His mind seemed to be working slowly as he simply stared and tried to figure out just what was going on.

The female's lips touched against his own and Z found himself reacting without thought at first. His hand had lifted itself from the grass in an attempt to try and cradle the back of Palaydrian's head as they kissed. But the moment was quickly broken as Zeitgeist found his voice once more. "Don't toy with me. You don't have to love me and I needn't be your heart's desire. That matters not to me. All I ask is not to be led on. Don't give hope where there is none. I will readily admit that I wouldn't mind being with you in an intimate way. I will also admit that I wouldn't mind a bit more than that. I can honestly say that I would wish to see you again whether we are intimate or not. Just know that I would never dream of doing something that you don't want as well. Simply don't start something that you don't intend on seeing through to the finish." The words were spoken softly, him having not thought to remove his lips from the close proximity of hers or breaking the contact of her gaze.

He paused to stick out his tongue and licking his own lips but should his tongue touch against Palaydrian's as well, given to how close they may or may not have been, it would have been done merely on accident. "I will abide by your decision. I should caution you, though, that if you remain after this then I doubt I would be able to keep my hands to myself. I will not think negatively of you should you choose to leave. In light of all that has happened I think it would be best to postpone the lesson no matter what your decision may end up being. You can leave now and we will set a later date for when the lessons should transpire or you can stay and see what path the mood leads us down." He wouldn't begrudge whatever decision was made but simply wished to make his position on the matter clear. While he wouldn't consciously seek to do anything that she wouldn't like he simply didn't trust himself not to press whatever advantage he might have if she remained close.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread