Yours and Mine
[html]
Words – 400+

The meat was attractive thought he wasn’t all that hungry. His companion’s warm greeting prodded his stomach into activity if only to have a meal with her. Something they could share and enjoy together, maybe with members of the pack if they smelt it too. These expectations, oddly enough, were disregarded for the company of a stranger. A stranger on their land who looked like he had his share of strength and ferocity.

Blue eyes and an obsidian muzzle lifted in time with his female companion to note the announcement made by the Rancor. Jaden was still determining whether this wolf was looking for trouble, making mental notes of where and how he might go about attacking and chasing him off when X’yrin greeted him with pep in her step. Thoughts that maybe she knew him from somewhere or that she had met Rancor on her travels accounted for this kindness. Then she addressed him as stranger and the Sangilak Alpha was completely mystified by her actions.

He watched her and tried to discern an answer. What the eager swish of her tail and warmth of her voice suggested irritated him more then he thought it should have. It caused his ear left ear to flick as it did when he found himself suddenly annoyed. He approached the conversing pair without yet acknowledging the other male and sat patiently on his haunches. Rancor seemed honest enough and if his intentions were to share in their feast, Jaden could not deny him. After all, he hadn’t pulled this extravagant amount of meat together himself.

While listening silently to his companion’s lovely voice and the low tones of the other, another face came forth from the foliage. This one was more familiar. Even though she was a coyote Jaden had some respect for the small canine woman. She had fought by his side during the raid on Salsola. This respect was enough that he was only slightly annoyed when she dove into the meal without waiting for a response from either of them. He looked to X’yrin who he thought might not be so lenient on the coyote. I know her, he said calmly, knowing the final word on whether Terra’s slightly brash actions would be acceptable rested on her perfectly golden shoulders, She is a friend who helped me during the time I spent wandering. He hadn’t told his friend about those dealings with Salsola and knew she would frown upon the knowledge, being as they were a developing pack with no allies.And it is pleasant to meet you, Rancor. I’m Jaden Ohanzee. He greeted kindly .

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenzz p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenzz p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread