Yours and Mine
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Everyone is here! Big Grin Now let's really bond and party!

While determined bites made quick work of the meat, the savoring tongue did not miss even a droplet of the precious blood. So sweet to taste she growled contently with every morsel and about sang with ecstasy when her tongue graced exterior of the heart. The coveted muscle was her prize for a hunt well done and though it lacked the crucial nutrients of the liver or kidneys, it was a symbolic prize that reminded her fondly of when last she pulled one free. A shame he could not be with her now to savor in the success of a rebirth. Truly, she missed the loving shadow of her mate, the bond they shared and ambitions they strove to fulfill together. But it was not enough to keep him by her side, and the truth would remain that she would never know what took him away from her. Perhaps their love was not enough to endure what had plagued him while he was left alone…

Wrenching the muscle free, she laid down in the crimson pool beside the carcass with auburn locks collecting in the like-colored muck as well. She paid no mind to her state as she delved into the caverns of the tender flesh, for how could one care about their physical appearance when surely a mess would be had during a frenzied feeding. Between sound bites she looked to the already gathered party, smiling fondly as each had their fill, even the young coyote female before she leapt with the sudden news that this gathering was meant for their Family. X’yrin said nothing to contest this, but growled her indifference to the matter. The female had already started eating, there was no sense for her to be off so suddenly. There was easily enough to feed them all… surely some meat could be spared.

Calmly her gaze turned to Rancor as he fed and to him she whined contently. As she lowered her head for another bite, the vocalizations of an excited fellow pulled both ears and head forward in glee. Her tail swung maddeningly behind her as if to propel her to her feet again to greet their colorful companion. “Oh please eat!” she exclaimed with bloodied maw splitting into an excited grin. Gingerly she grabbed the male by his muzzle to direct him toward the meat she had excavated. “Eat! We are glad to have you, my friend. Please eat!”

And he would not be the last to make an entrance. Though their time was initially brief, the autumn she-wolf had developed a fondness for the pale wanderer. He had spoke of travelling though offered his aid in replenishing the caches for a time. She knew the path of the wanderer well, and understood that it was an untamed thing that led one when the urge was profound. She believed this pull to be from the ancestors coupled with one’s own desire for more. She did not blame the wanderer when he left the lands, and in her heart hoped their paths would cross. But to see him return again calling an end to his journey, it was a cause to rejoice and thank the ancestors for their meeting. “I knew there was a purpose for the ancestors meaning for our paths to cross,” she announced as she bound toward the returning wanderer. She reared up on her hind legs to drape her paws atop his shoulders in a makeshift embrace. “It is so good you have returned. It is a reason to celebrate…” then carefully she slipped down to stand upon her own paws again but in such elated spirits one would think she was aloft still with joy.

“All of us gathered is a reason to celebrate. Be it for a meal or each other’s company, our coming together is a reason to be glad. And I hope you all share in this with me…” beaming still, she turned her gaze to her partner and left the male no warning before pummeling playfully into his uninjured side. “Especially you!” she sang happily, aiming to take one of the male’s ears in the process, and very nearly knocking into Thana as she appeared. At the appearance of both the female and her young, X’yrin ceased her onslaught and instead fell to the ground by the meat once more. “Thana!” she greeted while panting lightly. “Please eat with us. We are in the midst of celebration!”

741 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread