i'll carry you home, tonight
[html]

(419)

She should have anticipated the response that came in reply to her inquiry. Their pack's Aeska were attached at the hip, despite a distinguished age difference. It wasn't bothersome to either of them, not yet at least. Lilin couldn't help but wonder if that would change once Elias came of age. Other priorities were bound to take over and inwardly, she hoped it would not be too much of a blow to Temeraire's confidence. ''I can imagine. He's been a real busybody lately. Did you see how clean the house was when you came home the other night? That was all his doing.'' she confessed, a hint of praise hazing her statement. She knew little about children and until recently, she'd felt rather unfit when it came to spending time with her companion's son. But as he grew and got older, occasionally initiating discussions with Lilin, that feeling had started to quell ever so slightly.

''I was just wondering,'' she blurted a little too rapidly, not knowing how to approach the source of her restlessness. It wasn't her place to demand knowledge of his past relationships; what she feared most was the possibility that he'd felt just as strongly about another female as he apparently did for her. These feelings were new to her; especially the carnal desire that never ceased to accompany his caresses. He'd experienced all of this before, which had obviously resulted in Temeraire's conception; however unconventional as it might have been. They'd known each other for nearly four new moons, which meant his son had been conceived not too long before the winter festival. Where was his mother?

''I have been well. We greeted a merchant at the borders while you were gone- a blonde girl named Amy. She came bearing gifts; a painting and some herbs. I honestly don't know what they're for- I figured you would know more than I do." she started, relaying information with a detached wave of her hand. It was news like any other. Nothing specifically important but it concerned their pack and as her co-leader, he had the right to knowledge; no matter how trivial the information was. A soft smile crept onto her lips as she recalled the brothers' open display of hostility. "Bran and Niernan surprised me. I almost mistook them for hellhounds at the borders. They were strangely overprotective. They reminded me of someone else I know." she laughed, tilting her head to nudge the side of his face in a mocking manner.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread