i'll carry you home, tonight
[html]

[489]
omnomnomnomnom

Saul Lupus is by Alaine!

Their conversation started off on a strange footing. It seemed to be an unspoken taboo to speak about Temeraire, or it could just be that he never came up. Either way, the two hadn't discussed Saul's illegitimate son in any more depth that a passing, cursory request on how he was doing. There was a small part of him that was overjoyed that she had asked about his son, but another little bit of him was curious as to why she'd bought him up now. He tried, as he always did, not to over-think it, but it was hard when she threw him a curve ball like this. He supposed they had usually always been wrapped up in themselves when they caught rare moments like these. Still, he couldn't help the wide grin that caught his face as Lilin confessed to his sons cleaning.

That was him? I wondered why he'd been avoiding me since I got back... He's not good at hiding things from me. He chuckled softly, thinking of his sons partially guilty face. He'd wondered who had applied the strong smelling alcohol to his floors when he'd returned the day before yesterday but he hadn't thought Temeraire would have done it. He smiled softly at the hints of pride in Lilin's tones and assumed that he'd gotten the alcohol from her. He was glad the two were beginning to get on, it had appeared the two had been developing a successful avoidance relationship. His question of why was met with a quickly blurted answer and he narrowed his eyes suspiciously at her. That was certainly something she wanted to gloss over.

Before he really had a chance to call her out on her haste, she distracted him. He recognised the name straight away and cringed slightly. In the back of his mind, he knew that he still owed her a favour. He remained listening, snickering slightly as she relayed the 'gifts' Amy had given them. He knew very little about the trader and wasn't sure what she was doing at their borders. I traded with her once at the Winter Festival... some herbs and the witchhazel plant and Artan. He said, remembering the winter festival with a smile. He'd had a good time there, even if he'd been on his own for most of the time. Cinnamon backed ears flashed back for a moment before a soft chuckle escaped him.

Guess thats a Stormbringer trait. He said, trying to blame it on the genetics. It wasn't going to distract him however and he turned, leaning around her body to look her in the eye. Lili... He said softly, trying to coax her into some sort of compliance. Whats wrong? He asked, his voice and tone clearly referring to her swift change of subject. He wasn't entirely sure what the subject was about, but a niggling voice told him it had something to do with Temeraire.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread