i'll carry you home, tonight
[html]

[644]
omnomnomnomnom

Saul Lupus is by Alaine!

He could see an almost triumphant look in Lilin's eyes and he almost grinned at her. She was fooled if she thought she'd got away with that swift change of subject. He allowed it for a moment, but he had no intention of leaving her company tonight without getting it out of her. His body still pressed against the back of hers, his arms snaked around her waist in a comfortable embrace and he felt a sense of rightness in the pose. She fitted so easily against him, it was like she was made to be there. For a moment, he allowed himself to enjoy the embrace and the solitude that being up here gave them before his eyes narrowed and he asked her what was wrong. He might as well come straight out and ask it- there was no point in beating around the bush.

She blanched, ears pinning against her head for a moment. He almost snickered at her, caught red handed and not expecting it. It seemed her brain was scrabbling for thoughts as she stuttered out the start of something that sounded defensive before she paused. The next words that came out of her mouth caused him to freeze against her. He'd been right, it had been about Temeraire. He hadn't expected it to be about that though and he glanced down at her once. The first question was completely justified and easily answerable, but the second question was something almost laughable. He didn't want to admit that he'd been seduced and he wasn't entirely sure where to start. It had started with Siku initially and he didn't know if it was relevant to go back that far. He decided to tackle the easiest of the two first.

Her name was Imari Hart and she was a lone female out in southern Alaska. I met her the day after Siku... I want to say broke my heart, but I realise now that I never loved Siku. Hermes had cut his legs up and she found me trying to clean him in the river. She brought me back to her camp and helped me clean him up. We got drunk and shared stories of 'heartbreak'. It wasn't easy for him to admit the follies of the heart and his mistakes- he kept his eyes straight forward from his vantage point on her shoulder. Taking a deep breath, he turned to look at her. As for your second question, I never loved Imari. I met her once and she got me so drunk that I couldn't speak. She took advantage of me... He admitted, a soft frustrated sigh echoing. Of course, he couldn't place the blame entirely on her- he'd been at least coherant enough to work the... mechanics of the actions. All traces of her were gone in the morning.

He said, his tone apologetic and regretful. He thought of his travels after the Imari incident, his loathing that he'd lost his virginity to someone he knew nearly nothing about. He'd come to terms with it in the near three months on his exploration around Alaska and Canada, slowly making his way back towards Nova Scotia. She caught up with my just a day away from Ichika, looking so tired and worn. She handed me this tiny little bundle of fur, told me his name was Temeraire and that she couldn't look after him, he was mine now. Green eyes were distant as he thought of that meeting, the utter helplessness as he held his son in his arms for the first time. Nayru had just given birth to Kahlo and she suckled him until he was weaned. He offered, a conclusion to the nightmare that had been those moments. He paused, allowing his story to sink in, waiting to see if she had any questions- he was sure she would.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread