one mile to every inch
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 530

Though she never taken height into account when meeting people—she never judged people by how tall they were, or at least never felt threatened or affected in any way—but Jazper’s condition changed her mind. He was probably the tallest wolf she had ever met, but she just swallowed that fact, and held her chin high, as if she was not as short as she was. “Well, like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink it,” she said cleverly, giving Vito one last pat on his head before crossing her arms in a relaxed position. She unconsciously sized him up, and saw that he was trained, his build well made, but on a side thought, was curious about his eye tattoo. It was rather peculiar (After seeing so many things in Freetown, this was saying something.), but interesting nonetheless, and found herself pondering more over trivial things like his marking than on the “important” things, like things that would be considered if battle was to come; she liked to study her allies and enemies alike, to know their strengths and weaknesses.

She saw that he caught onto her, but she did not let it show that she knew that he knew. “Well, it depends on your pain. I got things for wounds and aches. As for horse troubles… I’m fresh out of that.” In seriousness, she did have a pack of supplies that were rarely used that could aid an injured canine, but because of her own lack of injury, found that they have been left untouched for a while, besides for the plants that were cared for daily. She was no witch doctor, but she did recall a few words that a wolf of a former pack told her about, and after expanding her skills a bit in Montana, knew at least how to heal the most basic of things with confidence.

Unlike that time months ago at Inferni, she was able to answer the question about her own abilities with clarity. “Not to be bragging here, but I’d like to say that I’m pretty good at a couple of things. I’m able to hunt, with weapons, traps, or my own hands, and I could provide meals for those who can’t catch their own. As for protecting the pack, well, I believe I’m capable of that. I’m a good shot with my bow.” She glanced back at the palomino mare, where her finely crafted item sat, and smirked faintly at the thought of showing her skills with it; she doubt that Jazper was a man of such things, and wondered if the tall wolf would find that impressive. “For the more trivial things, I can sew, read, write, and I’m willing to teach others anything I can.”

Alyssum blinked at his wink, but again, she grinned, finding that Jazper was easy to talk to. "Patrolling and horses are not too hard--at least, not for me. Of course, I got Antebellum and Macbeth to help me out with that." At the sound of their names, the horse and the bird perked up in attention. "Being able to speak their language helps a little, I guess, it makes things easier." She shrugged at this, finding the fact that she was able to communicate to her companions more trivial than sewing, but she went back to the point. “Again, I don’t mind helping out Casa a little, that is, if you’ll have me.” That was probably the closest she’ll come to “ask” the Sole to join them, but at least she was being more direct on as to way she called him here.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread