Staring down the barrel
[html]
Word Count :: 456 Man, how in hells name did she jump to such a conclusion from a figure of speech o.o

Blinking slowly she kept a steady stare in the black and white coloured women's direction, listening to the other unnecessarily rant and pick apart the use of one word in an almost entertaining manner. Not that she would inform the woman of such, jumping to the assumption that the female before her was touchy in regards to others actions and words. Picking faults in the actions of others to make herself feel better perhaps, low self-esteem resulting in the need to drag others down to her level of misery, the reasons behind the woman’s actions was unknown to her and all she could do is speculate, applying things she knew to the situation and hand to see if they fitted or not.

Upon the completion of the woman’s rant she allowed a moment to pass to see if there was anything else she'd like to add before she began speaking. “Stupid, stupidity and similar uses of the word are a form of endearment for me and not meant in the offensive manner you clearly took it in. In no way was I indicating to a whole or a singular canines level of intelligence” she explained levelly, keeping her voice calm as to not set her off on another rant again. “I have been with this pack from it's founding and it's is dear to me and do not mistake that, ever. Do not also question me in how I speak, you may be the same rank as me but I am the keeper of the law here” it was neither a threat nor a warning, a friendly reminder to this Panda as to get her point across, knowing full well some canines got it so deep in their head that they were right they would refuse to listen to her reason.

Sure, her use of the word was strange but then, she fondly referred to friends and family as this 'idiot' or that 'moron', the pack just an extension of that and grouped together as a whole. Although there were a few idiots in the pack, albeit, now that she considered the members with such a thought in mind. “So let me re-phrase my answer to your question. I am making note of how far the work has progressed in the gardens, areas needing to re-done and things that are completed and similar such things” it mildly irritated her that she had to re-illiterate her prior answer, but there was no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill and the golden women seemed to think that by re-answering she could move along with matters and help the black and white women get over her little outburst due to a misunderstanding on her part.

Photo courtesy of kookr

<style>
.KMTT_Grace p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Grace b {font-family:verdana; color:#530c01; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#70492d 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Grace {background-color:#a45a29; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#1e1b19; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... grace2.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:5px 0px 256px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Grace .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Grace .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5b1801; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread