Defying Gravity
[html]
Sorry, I should have specified that! He's normally invisible, leading canines to believe that Ember's talking to herself XD But he can be visible for our thread ^^

Her companion was a trickster, if anything; he had long since become bored of the things that Ember did on a daily basis (train, scout, hunt, and train some more) and often had to make up his own fun to keep himself amused. Today was no exception to that; he had spotted the other canine first, and drifted over top of Ember's head lazily as she unclothed herself. The voice made the lithe girl clutch her clothing against herself in an attempt to remain decent; she never went without clothing, even in the hottest weather, and definitely didn't like the idea of meeting someone new without the security that they offered. She turned away from the smaller canine as they approached, lifting her dress over her head and allowing it to fall over her shoulders so that it would cover her.

Sparrow's question struck her like a bullet, and she stood dumbly before her without an answer for several moments. What could the other canine be talking about? Had she seen the scars that ran deeply across her chest and shoulder? Or maybe she'd been horrified by something else about her and the way that her body looked. She had always been tall, and it wasn't something that she could help. Her mind skipped from one distressing hypothesis to another as her muzzle stumbled across a few words. Jade eyes went to Bayard, who was moving his head in to get a better look at the stranger. "What? My horse? He won't hurt you".

It didn't make sense for the stranger to be afraid of a horse, though, or of Ember herself. Her weapons-belt lay on the ground next to the pond, useless at the moment. A screeching bird-call in the trees above made her lift her muzzle slightly, just long enough for her eyes to catch a shimmer of silver in the otherwise clear sky. Utriu had disappeared, but not quickly enough, and a sudden realization dawned upon her. "Ahh! Shit! He can't hurt you, he's not really...there. He's a spirit. One who likes to play a lot of pranks, especially on little canines like yourself who'll give him the attention he wants. He's like a spoiled pup, really" She tried to explain. Utriu did what he wanted, when he wanted for the most part; she could not control him. "His name is Utriu. I gained him as a spirit guide when I lived in AniWaya. But please, don't be afraid, miss"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread