Defying Gravity
[html]

all of your ways and all your thunder got me in a haze running for cover
where we gonna go from here?

Word Count → 561 :: i feel like i rambled here a bit, sorry ; ;

“AniWaya… I heard some things about that place,” she murmured, her tone still a bit nervous but becoming more friendly, taking a short pause to recall what few had told her about the southernmost pack, “But I don’t think they ever mentioned spirit guides to me… They seem pretty interesting, though.” Despite her fear for Utriu, she also found that she was curious about him as well now that she knew he was not dangerous. Sparrow decided that he must not have floated away far, but he had not yet reappeared. Surprising, she felt a little disappointment mixed with her relief. But, she forced herself not to think long on the ethereal being, not wanting to ignore the woman. “Were you born near the ocean?” she asked, slightly curious of the answer. Boring was the life that was raised in the woods, she imagined, though she enjoyed the simplicity, and wondered if her company had a more exciting upbringing.

Now that she had nothing else to distract her, she realized exactly how much taller the dark wolf was compared to her small self. Sparrow felt a little intimidated, but did not allow the feeling to stay long, since she was nice, and had to repeat to herself that because someone was bigger than her, they would not hurt her. She also noticed that she had long, straight hair, much unlike Sparrow’s short, scraggly cut. She felt a pang of envy towards its style, seeing that it complimented her willowy built. But, negative feelings never lingered long in the female, evaporating like mist in the sunrise. Instead, she found things that she could comment about, like the woman’s green eyes—it was unusual for her to see that color, and found that anything exotic about a canine’s appearance was something to talk about. As she spoke of her own name, she found it interesting—Ember Phoenix. She knew little of legends, but she at least heard of the fire bird that die in its own pyre and reform from its ashes. Married with a word such as ember, Sparrow felt slightly jealous of the meanings the name could have meant. She simply Sparrow—but, she guessed she enjoyed the title, since it was given by her mother, and found now reason to change it to something unique, since she did not saw herself as something such.

She smiled a bit at her comment about Inferni, but could not help but fondly agree, “Yes, some of us are not pleasurable to wolves… We’ve went through some tough times recently as well, so it would be worse than usual. But, being half-wolf myself… It makes no sense to hate someone by their birth.” Inferni should have learned that from the Boreas—they claimed for their existence supposedly damned because of their blood. But, some things never changed.

“I… I guess I’ll join you,” she said tentatively, taking up on Ember’s offer. It was not as if she would dislike spending time with the woman, it was just the idea of the water. She imagined the water gulping her, sucking her in, whatever—the unrealistic events went on in her head. Liquid was not her companion when it came to things besides drinking it. But, she did not want to leave, not wanting to offend the Phoenix woman, as well as finding her company enjoyable.

<style>
.sparrowaly-thunder {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-thunder p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-thunder p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-thunder .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-thunder p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-thunder b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread