Defying Gravity
[html]

all of your ways and all your thunder got me in a haze running for cover
where we gonna go from here?

Word Count → 482 :: its okay, ma lav <3 and i love your avatar! pouty em is pouty c:< and, sorry for the poopy post. ; ; em should totally push coax Sparrow into the water after fishing~

Sparrow watched as Ember glared at Utriu, but glanced back at the ground when she turned her gaze back to her direction. She nodded when she spoke of pack secrecy, and could understand such with the coyotes’ urge to keep the internal business from outsider’s ears. While it did not seem required, she had become a bit of a loyalist since her acceptance into the clan of fire, and could see why it would take a bit of prying to share even the simplest of information. But, what she knew was of no importance, and was probably worrying over nothing, though she found it good that she had watched her words whenever talking to loners and other packs. “Do you think Utriu misses AniWaya?” she asked suddenly, the thought occurring and striking her as odd. It may have been childish to ask such things, but she was curious.

The woman sometimes wished she was bigger—or, for a better word, stronger than what she was; size just representing what she wished she could be. If she was not the small thing she was, maybe she could have helped Vesper hunt for their family. Maybe she could have stopped her father from killing mother, stopped him from taking her herself. Size could only go far, and it was probably just her inner thinking that was weak; if she had been… There were so many “if”s and “maybe”s in her mind that she was more set in the past and her regrets than the present more often than not. Everything bad that happened to her would not have happened if she was just better than she was. But, nothing would change no matter how many outcomes she could imagine, and could only sigh about it.

The coywolf followed the dark woman to the water, and settled more carefully than she had. Instead of putting her feet in the water, her paws remained in the mud in an obvious action to avoid contact with the liquid, close to her being as she comfortably wrapped her arms around her legs. She watched silently as she drew out a line, and looked at it curiously. When she mentioned the fish, she inspected the thread with more focus. “How is that supposed to catch anything?” she asked, not understanding the concept of fishing, since she never saw it performed before.

“I can’t tell you much really—I haven’t been around these…parts long myself. But, all I know is that a few packs dissolved, a few were formed. Other than that, I don’t think anything happened that affected a lot of people.” She lacked a terrible lot of information, but again she did not know, since she did not ask. She became silent as she could not think anything more to say, and stared at the water, seemingly absentminded, hoping that the woman did not find her quietness awkward.

<style>
.sparrowaly-thunder {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-thunder p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-thunder p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-thunder .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-thunder p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-thunder b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread