Defying Gravity
[html]

(306)

"Nope. No, I'm quite fine," she murmured quickly as she finally released her, "You just surprised me, and it's okay. I-I mean, I'm okay, and--just don't do that again." Sparrow automatically regretted her words, thinking that they may have been sharp for the woman. She did not want it to imply the woman had done something wrong on purpose, and added hastily,"But, thank you. I might have been dragged in if it wasn't for you... Thanks again." It was hardly an apology, but it was the best she could do in hee nervous state of being.

She still heard the shame in her tone, and she cursed herself for being so sensitive. She was only helping, and she should not have overreacted. "I'm starving," she insisted with a forced smile, though it was not hard to perform. "Well, I don't mean that it's not like I haven't ate in a while, it's just... yes, I'm hungry." Again, she spited that she kept mixing up her words, and hoped that the dark beauty was not losing her patience with her babbling. But, maybe she did not mind too much, or at listen understood her, since she was inviting her for a meal.

She had been up for everything the woman listed except for one thing that made her frown again. "You can go ahead and swim... I'll watch the fish to make sure it won't burn. You don't want to have a meal we worked hard to catch for to be ash, do you?" It was an excuse, but a good one, she thought, even though she did not know how to cook fish. But, Ember did not know that, so the mottled coywolf thought her excuse as flawless. Now it was only the matter of convincing the other to let her stay by the fire.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread