Solitary Salutations
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: It's fine hun.

"That is good. I am glad. Hopefully he treats you and them well." The dog spoke with genuine concern. Sometimes a litter was hard on a relationship. Or at least his father had blamed such things for why he had mistreated his own mate. It was always about too many mouths to feed or something else of the such. His own poor upbringing made Zeitgeist not wish it upon anyone else. If the female had no one then undoubtedly Zeitgeist would have offered his help even if there wasn't much that he could do to provide for the mother and her unborn children as there wasn't a market for him to work like he was used to doing.

Zeitgeist shook his head and added on with a bit of an embarrassed chuckle. "No, not particularly. I can scavenge decently well though." It really wasn't the most flattering thing to admit to but he was being honest in the very least. "Where I come from one only had the right trinkets in order to get a hot meal and something to drink without having to do the work of catching and preparing it. Of course I have since found out that such a service isn't available here." He decided to offer up a bit more to explain his lack of skills. Where he had come from it had never been as practical as being able to obtain shiny little baubles with which to get a meal. One had to leave the city behind to try and find food to catch for one's self and well, Z would rather have someone else to do all of the work of preparation for him.

"Thank you. I picked him up in Freetown. Heard he could talk and well, he can but not to carry on an easy conversation." Zeitgeist shrugged off the words. He knew nothing about low speech, not even knowing that it existed, and what the bird knew of high speech was not enough to converse freely. The bird simply knew how to mimic a few words, or at least that was the extent of the knowledge that Z knew about.

Zeitgeist offered up a smile and a small shake of his head. "Unless you can point out where they are already dead then I fear that won't be of much use." He was beginning to realize that he would have to learn to hunt at some point and well, that would be degrading enough as it was. Even though he had admitted his fault he wasn't to the point of asking for help and risked being mocked during lessons for his inability to perform. He was quite fine with scavenging but he wouldn't mind should someone want to teach Guillotine as the boy was still young enough that it wouldn't be as great of an embarrassment as it would be for Zeitgeist.

"He, not she. He was a best friend of mine back in London before he left." Zeitgeist paused and reached into an inner vest pocket to pull out the map and unfold it. He held it out for the female to see it and the writing upon it, as well as the circles about Freetown, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. "He left this with me. I suppose it was a silly hope that he would be found over on this side of the world even though he had spoke of it before." Zeitgeist folded up the map and slipped it back into his pocket once more. "It really is a far fetched notion that he might had backtracked rather than heading forward into previously unexplored lands. But well, this area was what had been marked." Zeitgeist cut himself off and shook his head as he realized that he had started to ramble. "I apologize, words often get the better of me when I think of him."

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread