Solitary Salutations
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

As much as Zeitgeist hated himself for it he had turned scavenger once more. It was simply the way he had found to survive. He couldn't hunt and so he had taken away half eaten kills from other predators when he could find it in himself to do so. That meant either running off the smaller predators or waiting for the larger ones to wander off so that he could quickly grab the remains. Of course he always allowed for Guillotine to consume as much of the find as the boy could before he would end up eating whatever was left over. Sometimes it was nothing and others there were a few bites. That was fine with him so long as the boy wasn't suffering. Even though it had been years that Zeitgeist had suffered in such poverty he still remembered that portion of his own life.

Zeitgeist had left Guillotine a short distance away so that the boy could have some privacy while he took care of business and found some relief in emptying his bowels behind the thick shrubbery. Zeitgeist made certain to keep himself in eyesight of the shrubbery so that Guillotine would know that he was still nearby and that there was nothing to worry about. Meanwhile Zeitgeist was scouring the land for some other meal to scavenge.

As two sets of eyes were better than one Zeitgeist had set Ptolemy to flight. The bird would be able to see a further distance from the air and would be able to spot if there was a carcass lying about discarded nearby somewhere. It was the closest that the dog had achieved to actual hunting. It wasn't a lifestyle that he enjoyed and found that he missed cooked meals more and more with each passing day. Of course that wasn't the only thing that he missed but right now it was the one thing in the forefront of his mind.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]sorry for the delay! I didn't know when this was set so I kept it vague.
(350)

With the impending crisis on Maggie's hands, she had often found solace in running away with Jasper, at least for a little while. The fast little horse could take her anywhere outside the kingdom, and today she had absolutely nowhere in mind she wanted to be, so she let the white stallion go wherever he pleased. Kimbra came along for the ride too, squawking as her master left her residence, and dutifully flew to Maggie's shoulder. Happy with her company for the day, Maggie set off at a brisk canter, intent on leaving the pack lands after her rounds for some solitude.

It wasn't long until Jasper tired and they had to stop. Maggie's belly wobbled as they slowed in pace, as if her unborn children were trying to get her to fall off the horse. Maggie smiled as her white steed crept to a walk, and she let go of his mane. The hybrid leaned back, stretching her hands to the heavens, and after a few moments curled them around her rather large belly as Kimbra grew impatient with her master. The Kite chose to take flight instead, making a large O-shaped swoop around Magnolia.

The group came upon a small stream, which Maggie gladly took as an excuse to break. She drank heavily, indulging in the sweet coldness of the freshwater. She was about to hop back onto Jasper when unfamiliar scents rolled by her maw. The scout furrowed her brow, curious. They were still very close to the Kingdom's borders, and Maggie wondered who they could be. After Jasper drank she pulled his mane in the direction of the strangers, the Confidant choosing to walk on her own feet for the sake of being quiet. She motioned to Kimbra to look ahead, and the Kite sped ahead. After some circling, the animal came back calm. Her bird was a good indicator of wolfish behavior and so Maggie did not tense up. As she walked closer to them, she called out, her voice ringing like bells through the trees. "Who's there?" the pregnant one asked cheerfully, genuinely curious.

[/html]
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: That is fine and it can be set whenever you want as it doesn't really matter to me.

The hunt for something to scavenge wasn't going so well. But then again it wasn't too often that it actually did. He found barely enough to get by but just so long as Guillotine remained taken care of then it was worth it. But well, Zeitgeist wasn't even certain that was the case any longer. They were no longer as well off as they had been back in Europe. They hadn't been that well off in awhile. Of course it had Zeitgeist wondering why Guillotine still stuck by his side through these hardships. Each morning he woke with the almost fear that he would find Guillotine gone, just as Sirius had disappeared without a word.

But once business was taken care of the boy had made his way back to Zeitgeist's side once more. Z looked down at the younger male and shook his head solemnly. He absolutely hated being unable to provide for a dependant. It made him feel as if he had removed Guillotine from one tragedy in order to place him in another one, a worse one perhaps. Ptolemy came circling back and landed on the older male's shoulder. He didn't bring with him tidings of food but of something else, of others in the area instead.

And not long after Ptolemy's report Zeitgeist heard the voice for himself. "Zeitgeist, and you are?" He called back, staring intently in the direction that the voice had sprung forth from. His name meant absolutely nothing in this land and so he was uncertain of why he had even given it. It wasn't one that would be recognized as he had yet to make any sort of mark on this savage world.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The dainty Confidant hopped over various debris from the ground and finally made her body visible to the stranger. Perhaps it wasn’t the smartest move to leave Jasper behind, but still, she had her knife around her neck and that was usually enough to make her feel safe. Kimbra reclaimed her seat on Maggie’s shoulder, shifting her weight as her master walked towards the stranger. “I’m Maggie,” she said cheerfully.

After a few seconds, she opened her mouth again. “Is there anything I can help you with?” Few knew of Salsola’s true location, and so she wasn’t about to immediately run her mouth about her pack. Maggie hadn’t washed her scent off that day, so Salsola’s scent clung to her coat like perfume. Maggie smiled, noticing the other creature with the dog called Zeitgeist. “And who is this?” Maggie said to the younger dog, smiling. A child, perhaps? Either way, Maggie did not act remotely threatening to the group before her. Her silver hand found its way to her hip, her weight shifting as she placed it delicately there while she waited for a response.

[/html]
[html]

Zeitgeist was surprised when his eyes landed on the female. Was it that season already? This was the second female that he had met whom had a womb full of life. He wouldn't doubt it if that surprise was easily written upon his face. He wasn't too used to coming across females in this sort of condition. Without thinking much about it Zeitgeist quickly moved forward in order to offer the female his arm so that she might support herself with his weight should she need to do so as she moved over obstacles that could easily trip up someone in her condition. They weren't his pups that she was carrying but yet he couldn't help to feel protective over them anyways.

"Zeitgeist." He ended up repeating his name again even though he had already given it. The male had to force his eyes up from the female's swollen belly in order to meet her face again. "Who is the father? Is he around for them?" He hadn't even thought before asking such probing questions but it had come from concern for her state even though he didn't know her in the slightest. He simply couldn't help himself. Young, even those that were still unborn, pups were a weakness of his.

"Ah no, was just looking around for something to eat." He spoke softly. There was no way that he could bother someone in her condition for a morsel or tidbit. No, he would simply have to keep on looking around. He usually ran across something eventually and he wouldn't give up til he found it, even if he could only feed Guillotine then that would be enough for him.

Zeitgeist ended up turning his head in order to follow the direction that Maggie was looking in. "That is Guillotine. He's been with me since we left England. And this is Ptolemy, he's only been around since Freetown." The last line was spoken as Z focused on the female once more, a hand having reached up to gently stroke the feathers on the bird's chest. "I suppose you could say that we are all still very new to the area. We are still trying to figure out the way that things work without a market in which to gather supplies and find a meal." Once again Zeitgeist was wishing that he had prepared himself better. Honestly, he really hadn't expected such the stark contrast of worlds. "I suppose it would be accurate enough to say I came in search of a bella bruna, a beautiful brunette." Zeitgeist translated the Italian words for her sake just in case she simply didn't understand them.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]SORRY FOR THE DELAY X____X

This creature didn’t seem too harmful, at least at first glance. Maggie’s eyes narrowed in slight irritation as he instantly asked about her children’s father, but she realized it was probably out of genuine curiosity other than anything else. “Yes, he’s my mate,” the Confidant said rather sharply, mostly for the boy to stop talking about her very swollen belly and the life inside of her.

He spoke of food and things foreign to her, so Maggie remained quiet as he continued to speak. “Do you not know how to hunt?” she asked quietly, incredulous. A dog that didn’t know how to fend for himself was a very poor dog indeed. He spoke of the peculiar beast alongside him and Maggie nodded. She saw no resemblance, so they must be friends or… something. At the mention of another bird, her guarded expression broke into a smile. “He’s beautiful,” she remarked, stroking her own avian companion.

”Well, Mr. Zeitgeist, I can point you in the direction of woods that are plentiful in game, if you’d like,”He made no notion of wanting to join a pack, so she followed Salsolian procedure and did not mention her home. “I do not know many beautiful brunettes, so I’m afraid I cannot help you in that endeavor. Who is she?” It was Maggie’s turn to be prying, she supposed. Kimbra cooed quietly on Maggie’s shoulder, her attention focused on a vole she spotted not too far away from the group of canines.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: It's fine hun.

"That is good. I am glad. Hopefully he treats you and them well." The dog spoke with genuine concern. Sometimes a litter was hard on a relationship. Or at least his father had blamed such things for why he had mistreated his own mate. It was always about too many mouths to feed or something else of the such. His own poor upbringing made Zeitgeist not wish it upon anyone else. If the female had no one then undoubtedly Zeitgeist would have offered his help even if there wasn't much that he could do to provide for the mother and her unborn children as there wasn't a market for him to work like he was used to doing.

Zeitgeist shook his head and added on with a bit of an embarrassed chuckle. "No, not particularly. I can scavenge decently well though." It really wasn't the most flattering thing to admit to but he was being honest in the very least. "Where I come from one only had the right trinkets in order to get a hot meal and something to drink without having to do the work of catching and preparing it. Of course I have since found out that such a service isn't available here." He decided to offer up a bit more to explain his lack of skills. Where he had come from it had never been as practical as being able to obtain shiny little baubles with which to get a meal. One had to leave the city behind to try and find food to catch for one's self and well, Z would rather have someone else to do all of the work of preparation for him.

"Thank you. I picked him up in Freetown. Heard he could talk and well, he can but not to carry on an easy conversation." Zeitgeist shrugged off the words. He knew nothing about low speech, not even knowing that it existed, and what the bird knew of high speech was not enough to converse freely. The bird simply knew how to mimic a few words, or at least that was the extent of the knowledge that Z knew about.

Zeitgeist offered up a smile and a small shake of his head. "Unless you can point out where they are already dead then I fear that won't be of much use." He was beginning to realize that he would have to learn to hunt at some point and well, that would be degrading enough as it was. Even though he had admitted his fault he wasn't to the point of asking for help and risked being mocked during lessons for his inability to perform. He was quite fine with scavenging but he wouldn't mind should someone want to teach Guillotine as the boy was still young enough that it wouldn't be as great of an embarrassment as it would be for Zeitgeist.

"He, not she. He was a best friend of mine back in London before he left." Zeitgeist paused and reached into an inner vest pocket to pull out the map and unfold it. He held it out for the female to see it and the writing upon it, as well as the circles about Freetown, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. "He left this with me. I suppose it was a silly hope that he would be found over on this side of the world even though he had spoke of it before." Zeitgeist folded up the map and slipped it back into his pocket once more. "It really is a far fetched notion that he might had backtracked rather than heading forward into previously unexplored lands. But well, this area was what had been marked." Zeitgeist cut himself off and shook his head as he realized that he had started to ramble. "I apologize, words often get the better of me when I think of him."

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(347)

“He will,” Maggie said with a small smile, not really interested in talking about Denver further. Despite this last-minute arrangement, the hybrid knew her doggish mate would be a wonderful father. She had no reason to doubt his abilities.

The Confidant realized she had been told of his inability to hunt already before she mentioned it earlier. He spoke of scavenging, and Maggie recoiled. “Forgive me,” Maggie said disgustedly, of her own behavior and his own. He seemed like a decent fellow, and it pained the silver woman to know she could not extend a helping hand…. At least not directly. The dog whipped out some paper, to which she gasped. “Oh, wow,” the girl said, feeling the paper on the edge. She had some scraps of paper back at home but she had never seen anything like this. The objects drawn on the map were foreign to her, she had no idea what she was looking at. She was hardly literate, after all.

“Does your friend have a name? Maybe he joined one of the packs. There are several nearby,” What was she doing? She could get into trouble for this. But she was a respected member of the pack, was she not? More than that, Eris trusted her judgment, or at least she hoped so. He didn’t even mention wanting to join one, he just wanted food. She had plenty at home, if only she could grab it for him. “My bird is a skilled hunter, and could grab something for you and your friend, if you’d like. It won’t be much but will hopefully sooth the hunger pangs. I would try my best, but in my condition I’m afraid to,” That statement made her feel weak. If Denver wasn’t around to look out for her, well… she wouldn’t know what to do. Maggie was not well-versed in low-speak, but she spoke something rough to Kimbra, who instantly took off, taking to the skies. The bird got the basic message and Maggie trusted her to know what to do.

[/html]
[html]

"I am glad to hear that." Zeitgeist said honestly. While his father hadn't exactly been the best he hadn't run away from his responsibilities either. Some of the boys that he had run around with had no clue who their fathers were as the males had never been a part of their lives. So Zeitgeist was at least lucky on that front even if his upbringing had never been the best.

The male smiled pleasantly and shook his head. "There is nothing to forgive." While his admittance was shameful there was nothing that either could do about it now. His lack of hunting skills had never been a problem while in the marketplace. It was only in this land that he was learning that the skills that he had were worthless in this sort of environment. But still there were those that managed to be impressed with the small things that he did know. Now another seemed taken with his map as he displayed it. His ability to read was among his newest skills. Still it was something that others seemed to favor at least.

Zeitgeist laughed as a name was asked for. "Of course. He had many names depending on who you speak with. Sire Revlis. Regent Sirius. God, the women especially calling him this. And of course the one I favor, il mio uomo bellissimo anziano." Of course there were some nastier titles at times but Zeitgeist chose not to delve into those. He simply didn't see any need to dredge up the unkind things while he thought so fondly of the man even if he had been abandoned.

"You really don't have to. There is no need to worry yourself for our sakes. I won't have anything with which to repay you until I make a trip back to Freetown." After all he didn't expect services to come free. Having always lived near a market he was used to absolutely everything coming at a price. He hadn't easily acquired wealth in this land as he had expected to do. It simply wasn't the same as he was used to and so it would take him longer to build himself back up to where he was before he had ended up leaving it all behind to travel.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay, my internet has been funky lately. X_X

The name of her leader almost knocked the wind out of her. She said nothing at first, letting the feeling come back to her head. Zeitgeist continued to speak about not needing food when Maggie knew he did. The Kite was already in the air, and Maggie had no system of recalling her bird, so they would have to wait for her return, hopefully with some sort of prey. After all, now that the reason for Zeitgeist’s arrival was clear to Maggie her hospitality would look good to her Boss. Or so she hoped. The chocolate leader was incredibly hard to read and very unpredictable.

“Please, don’t worry about it,” Maggie said with a grin. “After all, I know where to find Sirius,” she said quietly. “How do you know him?” Maggie knew she would be scolded if she didn’t interrogate him before she took him to the man he so desperately wanted to find. Maggie remembered Jasper was still where she left him a little ways away. She started walking in her horse’s direction. “Walk with me,” she said briskly. It was not a request.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: It's fine, still waiting on a check for home internet here.

Zeitgeist had felt the exact same way when he had first heard someone else mention Sirius's name to him. Now whether or not it was the same male as the one he knew of he hadn't a clue. The female that had first spoke his name hadn't seemed enthralled by him and so he didn't want to chance a hope that it was the same one he knew. The Sirius he knew had all of the ladies fawning over him. Or maybe Zeitgeist had only been displacing his own adorations the entire time.

Certainly the dog could use food but he would rather the boy eat before him. From his time growing up and running around the streets he knew just what it was like to go to bed with an empty belly. But of course he had managed to survive that at such a young age that it really wouldn't kill him to go without now just so long as Guillotine always had something in his belly. But that was simply Z's fondness for the young and unfortunate, going without so that they might have something.

"You know where to find him? Exactly? Someone mentioned him before but didn't say just where to find him. Well, that is if he is the same as the one I know. The Sirius I know had always been able to make the signoras swoon with just a glance in their direction yet who spoke of him didn't seem fond of him in the slightest." So just because a name and coat color was shared didn't mean that it had to be the same male that he knew. For all Z knew there could be someone else running about in Sirius's guise. "Well my Sirius is known from London. We ran around together, very nearly inseparable. Well, at least until he left." Zeitgeist shrugged off the last statement as he really didn't want to think about it. He'd rather hold dearly to the fond memories of the time that he had spent with Sirius rather than dwelling upon the abandonment that he had felt, and was still feeling.

The dog followed after the female as she started to walk away. "I expect that Guillotine is allowed to follow as well." The words were given as he made a motion for the boy to follow him. Every since Zeitgeist had acquired Guillotine's company he had never traveled too far away from the boy. Z had always made sure to keep himself in a range close enough to be able to keep an ear on the boy even if he couldn't see him at all times.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The dog had managed to say everything Maggie wanted to hear without her having to ask a million more questions. “You two were on good terms when he left? If I were to bring you to him I wouldn’t get in trouble?” She may trust this Zeitgeist, but she was in no condition to get punished at the moment. “Sirius Revlis is my Boss. He is the king of Salsola, the one the ladies all swoon over, though I believe he has quite a pretty thing with him now,” Maggie didn’t really have an idea of what went on between Clover and Sirius, but she knew the Lykoi was pregnant. That was all she really needed to know, really.

At the mention of the other creature joining them, she nodded.”Of course, I didn’t think you were going to abandon him,” she said, looking to the skies for her own companion. Kimbra was still gone, but Maggie hoped she would be back soon. The bird was smart enough to go find her wherever she was. The group walked for quite a while, until they found her white Jasper. He was grazing happily, and gave a happy snort when he saw Maggie return. “Would you like me to take you to him now, or would you like to wait until you’ve had some food and rest?”

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The female's words caused Zeitgeist to pause and actually think over his answer. Was he on good terms? He wasn't entirely certain about that one. Sirius had simply left without a word and there was no way for Zeitgeist to know if it was because of him or not. As far as he knew Sirius hadn't given anyone any prior notice to his departure. For all the dog knew it could end up being because of him since he hadn't been informed as they were in the habit of sharing a good number of things.

It took him awhile to end up answering and even then he did it slowly. "I would like to think that I am. We were close before he left. We used to share everything, stories, meals, women." Zeitgeist paused in order to sigh. "But then he left. He didn't tell anyone that he was leaving so it is unknown why he had decided to leave. I only come here on the off chance that I might find him as the area was marked on the map and he had spoken of it before." It was as honest of an answer that he could give. He no longer knew where he stood anymore since they had been parted for so long. But he knew that when they had been together he had been the closest to Sirius in comparison to everyone else within the group.

The news that Sirius seemed to have moved on and found someone else felt a bit devastating to him. Had another come to take his place at the man's side? Of course Zeitgeist was imagining some other male rather than a woman being the pretty thing that was mentioned. He was much too used to Sirius going through women so easily to ever think that any could have claimed a firm hold on the one whom had been his best friend. He tried not to dwell on it or let it show on his face. After all it wasn't like he even knew if this was going to be the same man or not.

Zeitgeist followed after Maggie, keeping Guillotine close to his side during the walk. "We can go now. Food and rest can wait until after it is found out if your Boss and my friend are one and the same." The dog simply wouldn't be able to stand the anticipation and therefore would never be able to rest until he knew the truth. "How much further will it be?" Z figured that if worse came to worse then he could always carry Guillotine in order to allow the boy to sleep. Zeitgeist had no issue with pushing his own limits but would ease the younger male's journey whenever and however he could.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY my internet in Texas sucks so hard, it’s been down the past few days ;; Also, do you want to PM alaine about bringing Sirius into this thread? Or shall we fade to black soon? If we’re actually going back, feel free to PP Maggie, Jasper and Kimbra heading back to the packlands. (336)

Maggie listened to Zeitgeist’s story. Although Maggie wasn’t one of the lucky pack members to get a frequent audience, his tale sounded like something the chocolate Boss would do. “Well, it was certainly lucky that you ran into someone who knows him, hmmm? There are countless packs around here, and you’re fortunate to have found me,” Maggie had forgotten about the recent invasion and subsequent war that had been going on lately; she was silently praying that Sirius wouldn’t punish her for bringing a stranger into their lands. She hadn’t been a very good scout once she knew she was pregnant, and she felt immense guilt about what had transpired lately. It felt like she failed Salsola.

Maggie pet Jasper’s back softly, almost in a trance. The horse turned its mammoth head to look at her, and snorted softly. Since his purchase, Maggie had become immensely attached to her stallion. He had been her protector lately, and would never question her decisions in life. Maggie knew Z asked her a question, but she took her sweet time to answer it. She was comfortable here, and dreading taking her new acquaintance to see the Boss. “Oh, we’re pretty close by. It shouldn’t take too long if we all hop on Jasper’s back,” She failed to ask him if he was comfortable with horseback riding… but the ride was so short she didn’t care. Not to mention she felt like Denver was just weird about it and that most creatures didn’t mind it. Maggie searched for a boulder to help hoist herself up, but she didn’t find any. “Would you mind giving me a leg up?” She asked sheepishly. She wouldn’t be able to live with herself if some rapid motion hurt her unborn children. The Confidant looked to the skies to find her bird. A black dot was seen on the horizon, but the silver wolf couldn’t be sure if it was hers.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → ### :: It's fine hun, I'm just getting home internet back myself. And it doesn't matter to me, whatever you want to do and think would end up being best. If you want we can end this thread and start another in Salsola and see if Sirius can't come to that one instead. Whatever works best for you is fine.

"I would hope so." He spoke up, still uncertain if they were even speaking of the same being. He still wasn't ready to admit that they could be talking about the same male just yet. The dog wanted to see for himself and make sure that her Sirius was the same as his Sirius. For all he knew someone else from the gang could have stolen Sirius's name and tried to use it to acquire power in some other place. There were a couple that he could think of that he wouldn't dare put it past. Things had crumbled quickly once Sirius ha no longer been in their midst. The others had fought amongst themselves for power and control. Zeitgeist had ended up leaving just as quietly and went back to a solitary life for awhile.

"Jasper?" He questioned, though ending up figuring that she meant the horse that she was patting. "I've actually never ridden before." But then again he was used to crowded streets. And with that he was used to slipping among those that milled around and making a get away on foot. He was quickly learning that things weren't so closely packed on this side of the world. It was no longer a quick jog but lots of wide open spaces that one had to navigate through. Oddly enough Zeitgeist found it unnerving to have so much room about himself instead of when he was pressed tightly against other's bodies as he would navigate the market.

The dog nodded his head and moved closer. He dropped to his hands and knees down next to the horse as he wasn't certain of how else to help her climb up. For all he knew her mate could grow quite upset if he had tried to lift her. That wasn't something he was looking to do. He actually wished to stay out of trouble while he was still learning his way around. It was why he figured upon a hands off approach.

like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>
[/html]