Solitary Salutations
[html]

(347)

“He will,” Maggie said with a small smile, not really interested in talking about Denver further. Despite this last-minute arrangement, the hybrid knew her doggish mate would be a wonderful father. She had no reason to doubt his abilities.

The Confidant realized she had been told of his inability to hunt already before she mentioned it earlier. He spoke of scavenging, and Maggie recoiled. “Forgive me,” Maggie said disgustedly, of her own behavior and his own. He seemed like a decent fellow, and it pained the silver woman to know she could not extend a helping hand…. At least not directly. The dog whipped out some paper, to which she gasped. “Oh, wow,” the girl said, feeling the paper on the edge. She had some scraps of paper back at home but she had never seen anything like this. The objects drawn on the map were foreign to her, she had no idea what she was looking at. She was hardly literate, after all.

“Does your friend have a name? Maybe he joined one of the packs. There are several nearby,” What was she doing? She could get into trouble for this. But she was a respected member of the pack, was she not? More than that, Eris trusted her judgment, or at least she hoped so. He didn’t even mention wanting to join one, he just wanted food. She had plenty at home, if only she could grab it for him. “My bird is a skilled hunter, and could grab something for you and your friend, if you’d like. It won’t be much but will hopefully sooth the hunger pangs. I would try my best, but in my condition I’m afraid to,” That statement made her feel weak. If Denver wasn’t around to look out for her, well… she wouldn’t know what to do. Maggie was not well-versed in low-speak, but she spoke something rough to Kimbra, who instantly took off, taking to the skies. The bird got the basic message and Maggie trusted her to know what to do.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread