Cold Feet
[html]

Word Count :

There were several intense moments after the first tear fell from Fayne's wolfish eyes. Though she was trying to hide her damp face with her paws, it seemed that it wasn't working. Tears were strange, no doubt. Even she, the first time she had cried, had been baffled by it. Asking herself why there was a flow of salty water streaming down her face, always accompanied by intense emotions. It was a human act, one of the many curses of being a Luperci which is why she felt she needed to hide it. But, it was much too late for that. Tharin had found her out. It was blatant, her small figure quivered with each silent sob. His massive head came in to lick her wet face, sweetly accepting the oddity of tears coming from a wolf. She leaned into him, soaking up the comfort he was offering.

His words gave her the confirmation she needed to simply let it all go. The sorrows and frustrations she had been keeping to herself for weeks were draining from her body in a rush. Tears still streaming, Fayne unfurled slightly from her fortress. Liquid filled eyes told exactly what she was feeling. The silver mess pushed her head into Tharin's chest, trying to wipe away the endless tears. They wouldn't stop, she would just have to let them flow until there were none left. "Th-thank you." She could barely catch her breath long enough to speak two words. Unattractive sobs and whines continued as the dreadful occurrences replayed in her head. She took a breath and attempted to speak again. "I don't know why....I, couldn't do anything against her. I was so scared, I couldn't move." A few more sobs were let loose, she was a total mess. Even though Tharin knew she was crying, she wouldn't let him see her. She kept her head firmly pressed against his chest while she spoke. "I should have been able to defend myself."

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/133Ll.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread