Cold Feet
[html]

Word Count ::

There were several more minutes where she felt the tears would never subside. Tharin was quiet, simply nodding in response to her words and acknowledging her thanks. What would she do without him? He was always here when she needed him. He was the first wolf she met when she came to 'Souls, then he had joined New Dawn as well. Every time she was having a tough time, he was there. A small smile shone through her tears as she thought about all those times. Fayne pressed her head further into him. Having him here talking her through this was obviously having an effect on her. The tears were starting to dribble instead of flow and she was coming out of the hysteria. The fear, frustration, and anger were all dissipating the longer she sat here with him. She kept swishing her face against him trying to wipe them away for good but she could help a new flow of tears when she let her mind wonder back to Amy. At least now, she knew they would end.

Tharin finally spoke, her ears slowly began to move back to their upward position on her head intently listening to him. He was right. Although fear was unavoidable, the way you react when scared can be altered. Fayne finally showed her face, she turned her head so that she could look up at the large earthy wolf. Her face was wet, but the tears were no longer streaming and she had some hope in her eyes. "I've always been able to hold my ground in a fight...I'm not sure what was so different about that day, but I'm going to learn to ignore the fear like you said." She gave a small smile before diving back into his chest to dab away the remainder of the tears. "I have to get started training. I don't want to be caught off guard again." Although she was still a bit emotional from her outburst, she was determined. Finally, she took her face out from his plumy fur and rested it on his paws.

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/133Ll.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread