Come away with innocence & leave me with my sins
[html]
That table was too damn bright O.O

Maybe he was right. Maybe she was too vulnerable out here all by herself. Rio gave it some thought, and with her not even being able to fight – it kind of made her a piece of meat. The kind that was dangled just over the hungry, snapping jaws of a wolf pack. Good thing she didn’t come into contact with anyone that wanted to hurt her because they would have succeeded easily. Rio gave him a troubled smile; she was a little embarrassed to find that he was right and she probably looked like an idiot telling him all of that. She knew it wasn’t true, and he probably did too. If she would have felt threatened, she would run – and who knew how far that would get her before she got tired? She couldn’t run forever.

”Flirting never hurts.” Not the mental or emotional kind anyway. The kind that Harlowe knew quite well did. She sensed his awkwardness at the question and almost immediately regretted asking him. From this small conversation she was having with him, she was already learning what his personality was like. He was timid, in a way, almost like her, and he seemingly didn’t like to share personal information. She was okay with that- she wouldn’t ask him anything like that anymore. ”Not yet? Oh.” That meant she didn’t have a chance with him. If he was pursuing love with another, it was a hopeless case.

What was she thinking anyway? She just met this wolf and already she was planning on making him her mate. Maybe that was just the insecurities she had. She felt that no one would ever love her, or she would never get the chance to love someone else as most of the good ones were all taken. She did like the way he carried himself, and the way he was. She could see them together, with harmony. Not to mention he was pretty handsome. His fur was smooth and clean – they would make nice puppies together.

A dreamy smile surfaced on her features as she imagined her dream life, with him. The smile quickly faded, though, as she was brought back to reality and the question about her family didn’t help either. ”My mom, she has so many kids she doesn’t have enough of herself to care for them all. The older ones are pretty much left to fend for themselves. She left me and my siblings when we were young, and I never knew where she was. So, I left too thinking I would be better off, but I came back. And when I came back, she was the first person I sought.” She didn’t want to make it a big story or anything, ”She took me into her pack with open arms and helped me get settled, but I haven’t really seen her since. She’s the Angela, I understand. She’s busy, but she doesn’t make the effort, and the pack – I don’t feel like I belong there.” Here she was spilling her guts to this stranger, but sometimes strangers were the best ones. He looked like he would be willing to help her if she needed it. ”Anathema is made up of rogues – wolves that have a dark past. I have somewhat of a dark past, but it wasn’t because of anything I did. I never killed anyone or hurt anyone like they did, and I don’t plan to in the future.” Rio rested her head in her hands, ”I need somewhere where I belong.”

<style>
#rio-textduo {width:500px;margin:0px auto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px;font-size:13px;font-family:Georgia, sans-serif;line-height:15px;}
#rio-textduo p {text-indent:40px;}
#rio-textduo b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px; word-spacing:2px;}
#rio-textduo.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;}
#rio-textduo.top {background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2yvotvo.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:transparent;}
#rio-textduo.bottom {background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/20727bk.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:150px;}
#rio-textduo.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;}
#rio-textduo.pts {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread