something that were like those years
[html]
GOOD. >:C +311

She and Helotes had come a long way from their first meeting. So long as she didn’t think too hard about that star-stained night, Vesper could imagine that they’d gone from enemies to comrades to friends without further complication. Only her rarest nightmares brought the event up in any shape and form, giving the monster that prowled her sleep eyes like embers that were Helotes, Columbine, Marcel, the Boreas wolf, all swirled together. No, instead Helotes was like the brother she’d never had, both in bond and spirit. They were alike enough to get along yet different enough to keep things interesting.

The other laughed, and the coywolf grinned. “Thought so,” she quipped. “I mistook her for a giant egg the other day.” A remark about Helotes’ child being big leaped to the tip of her tongue, but she forbade it to spring out into the open. Even in joking, she knew that some in the clan were concerned about how the pygmy would go through the ordeal. And, even if she wouldn’t admit it to anyone, everything regarding birth and pregnancy scared the shit out of her. She knew she’d make herself scarce when the Vigiles went into labor, however much it shamed her.

Vesper looked forward to hearing the mewl of the babes, however. She had always been a bit awkward around children, and she couldn’t remember interacting with one so young. That the kids would be Helotes’ made it a bit easier; she might fancy herself an uncle to them. She grinned at the thought.

Helotes grinned too, but it was a shade wickeder—and when his question hit her large ear, a clumsy and loud “uhhhh” left her gaping mouth. Was she acting like a twitterpated buffoon? Could Helotes really see that?

Then: “Oh shit, I didn’t say anything in my sleep, did I?”

The raven cackled.

<style>
.vesperoop1 b {color:#ECF3F9;}
.vesperoop1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.vesperoop1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 155px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ExdPa.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#A3C8D9; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.vesperoopbord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread