if i fell on open fire
[html]

ooc - so this is going to be a slower paced thread, most likely, as i'm in France and the time difference is making my head explode, still! i'm also tremendously busy seeing Europe, so be sure to poke me if you haven't gotten a reply. I'd also really like to thread with ND characters Shandom hasn't met yet!

He found that he quite liked when the sun rose at the beginning of summer, streaking against the navy blue sky like splashes of vibrant paint against a darkened canvas. The reclusive Gamma often found himself staring whimsically as the sky gradually lightened into a new day, dark chocolate eyes soft with relaxation that wasn't particularly common in his every day expressions. Shandom Qi'Vaex-Nightslayer wasn't a wolf of gentle temperament, though he was unlikely to anger quickly in front of the rest of his packmates. But at times he felt the tumultuous emotions of his youth bubbling up and riling his dark blood in a way that was strangely refreshing - it made him feel like a child again.

The scarred male rested his head on his paws as he relaxed at the gaping maw of the den, already removed from his comfortable sleeping area where leaves conveniently molded into the shape of his weary and aging body. The summer helped the Gamma forget that the years were turning, but every breath he drew reminded him of the slow turn of his own mortality. It was a morbid train of thought, especially as he reflected on the new start of a day, but Shandom was prone to such a thing.

Daylight came quicker than he might have imagined, and Shandom supposed it might have been the reflex of the seasons. There were some who understood the reasoning behind the comings and goings of the sun, but he wasn't one of them. Shandom was a simple wolf, and had not shifted into his bipedal form in what felt like eons. For that matter, he had not socialized with another wolf in any extensive manner in far too long. The alabaster man was too accustomed to life as a loner, it seemed, and the adjustment period hadn't yet ended. It had been nearly six changes of the moon, though, and he was wondering when anything would begin to feel like home again.

Sighing, the lean male lifted himself from his comfortable perch at the front of the den and began a slow wander to a nearby brook. Perhaps he could catch some fresh fish for breakfast, or otherwise.

<style type="text/css">
.waadoc b {font-weight:bold; color:#cad3ec; text-shadow:#16120d 1px 1px 2px;}
.waadoc p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.waadoc {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#98938c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3zqrQ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #595856; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3f4047; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.waadoc .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.waadoc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.waadoc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread