Shadows of the Past
[html]
Word Count - 503; OOC I'm in the process of trying some new ones out hehe. Points - 5

Malakai let a soft, amused snort escape from his nose as she jumped a little in surprise at his 'sudden' presence, and actually chuckled as she spoke of inheriting her brilliance from the French, his eyes burning brighter now that he was with Axelle, close up. She brought something out in him, something warmer, something protective, and as she nuzzled into him a little as he leaned against her, he heard her use that nickname for him again. Cupcake. Kai raised an eyebrow as she pulled away, his hands dropping from her shoulders as he watched her head to the seat he had vacated, seeing her claim it as her own. "We've already had this discussion, Cutie... You need to stop calling me that. It kinda ruins my bad-ass reputation if you keep calling me after a baked snack." They hadn't actually discussed it. Kai had talked, and Axelle had been present. But to Kai, that was as good as. It also seemed he had picked up another new name for her - Cutie.

His eyes moved after her as she began to look over the books he had left open, and slowly, he returned to his original spot, the place she now sat, moving to sit right next to her on the couch, nodding in reply to her question. "Yeah. Puppies. And yeah, I'm a torturer. What, I can't have more than one interest?" That mischevious smirk played on his features as he sat by her side, letting his hand drift behind her a little, sliding up against her fur, from the small of her back, to the nape of her neck, continuing to rub at her back and neck as he had been doing before, his own eyes casting over the books once more. "Ever since Ayasha had her pups, since I saw her when she was pregnant even, I've been kinda... fascinated by it all. I mean... carrying pups is kind of incredible. It must be weird, knowing they're in there, being able to feel them moving around inside, seeing them even." Even as he spoke, his voice held something of wonder and of astonishment.

But he quickly caught himself, and clearing his throat a little, he lowered his voice, adding a little depth, a little darkness to it as if to keep up his bravado. "Besides, giving birth is supposed to be wicked painful for the female. Of course, not all torture has to be physical, either. Threatening or hurting ones family can be just as effective as hacking off a limb or two. More so, sometimes." Kai lifted his gaze from the books to the female, cocking his large head a little to the side as he leaned back on the couch, letting the arm at her back drift around her shoulders before pulling her just a little towards him, moving her closer for a hug. "You think it's weird, don't you..." His voice was low, almost like he was disappointed that she would find it so odd.

<style>
.superduoper4 b {color:#333399;}
.superduoper4 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superduoper4 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 120px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-image:url
(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... terfly.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#92C6ED; width:450px; text-align:justify; }.superduperbord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread