Shadows of the Past
[html]
Word Count - 629; OOC Points - 5

As Axelle spoke so seriously about the nickname he had for her, Kai pouted a little playfully though his eyes remained dark, like he had dangerous intentions towards her. He liked calling her Princess, she suited it. He then chuckled at hearing her new suggestion for him and he was a lot more on board with the new one. "But you suit Princess for the same reason. Because you're my Princess... But okay, Cutie it is. And as for mine, I'm not completely against Beautiful." He smirked a little more, but hugged her tightly against him as he felt her melt against his form, and it was a feeling he found himself enjoying very much. His hand swept up over her shoulder and upper arm affectionately as he kept her against him.

He knew it would have taken her by surprise a little - it had taken him by surprise, too, but the fact that he had an interest in pups felt sort of natural to him. Malakai smirked a little more as she referred to him as a 'master assassin', boosting his ego somewhat, and he shrugged in reply. The process of conception, of a whole body developing whilst caccooned safely in a mother's belly was just incredible to him, and then the whole birth itself, getting to hear the very first cries of a newborn, getting to witness a mind totally pure, totally clean. The whole thing had this pull to him that he couldn't explain, but even when he thought about it all, he felt his chest swell, almost like he was getting protective over the idea of pups. "I know I'm rough, and dark, and aggressive and above all, dangerous to have around. I mean, I rip open bunnies and pull out their insides just to see what they look like. And I enjoy doing that stuff. Causing pain. Causing death, studying it, the mechanics of it. It isn't such a big leap from studying the art of death to studying the art of life." He glanced down to her as she licked his chin softly, a softer smile appearing on his features now. "I'm like a big, scary guard dog. You wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of me, but at the same time, I protect what needs to be protected."

As the female's form continued to snuggle into him, he continued to pull her closer, and felt the tension in her body as she leaned into him. He of course had caught her words, about the pain involved in birthing, but it was obviously something she wasn't ready to talk about yet. And that was fine with him. He wasn't going to force her to divulge all her deepest, darkest secrets to him. He didn't expect her to do the same to him. Letting his hand trail up her arm and over her shoulder, he let it brush against the side of her neck, stroking through her fur gently, and when he spoke, his words carried a softer tone than before. "Everything we have been through goes into who we are now, Axelle. We all have shadows in our pasts and we all have our own circumstances, our own reasons for them." His head turned, he pulled back just an inch or so, before nuzzling against the top of her head. If it was something she wanted to keep to herself or something she didn't want Kai to know, then he would respect her decision, but if she wanted to let him in, he would listen and he wouldn't judge. How could he? Kai had slaughtered his own brother for no other reason than jealousy and competition. He was no authority on what reasons were good enough to warrent the death of another.

<style>
.superduoper4 b {color:#333399;}
.superduoper4 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}.superduoper4 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-
spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 120px 0px; border:1px solid
#fff; background-image:url
(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... terfly.png);
background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-color:#92C6ED; width:450px; text-align:justify; }.superduperbord
{width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px
#5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread