Shadows of the Past
[html]
Word Count - 736; OOC Points - 7

Malakai kept his arm snaked around her, keeping her as close as was physically possible, offering her whatever comfort she needed. He knew her mind must be running through painful memories, as she had fallen rather quiet and introspecive. But whatever it was she was thinking about, he would let her work through it in her own time. Her form rise and fell with each of his breaths as she rested against his chest, his fingers still brushing up and down against her arm. However, as she pulled away, his arm dropped from her, and he turned his head to watch her as she got herself comfortable once more.

Folding his arms, he heard her question, knowing that it would be directed back at him at some point. His eyes dropped from her, skidded down her form but it wasn't her that he was looking at, not really. His gaze settled on the table, on the pile of books there before he let out a soft sigh. "The shadows of my past are what brought me here, to this pack, and so brought me to you, so as awful as it is, I do not regret it. Not for a second." Malakai didn't regret what he had done. Why would he? His reasons were as good as any, the experience had made him stronger, more resiliant and ultimately, was the reason he had met Axelle.

"From the time of my conception, from the time I spent in my mother's womb, I had competition. A brother. We were a litter of two so I think of him as my twin, but we shared nothing. My fur is as black as the night sky, his golden like the sun. His temprement had always been so good-natured, so pleasing whereas I was always in trouble, always causing problems. He was always the favourite to our parents. Their firstborn son. The golden child. Everytime I did something of note, I'd proudly trot to my mother for her attention, hoping she would reward me with a smile or a lick, but I'd get there, only to find that Rafael had already done it, already received the praise." Kai snorted darkly just thinking about his favoured brother. "We used to always fight, wrestle, but it was always fairly playful. One day, it got a little... rough. I retaliated but from then on, the small seed of jealousy that had always lingered in me... it grew."

Kai pushed himself up from the couch and slowly began pacing the library as he spoke. "I hated him. My own brother and I wanted nothing more than to show everyone that he wasn't as great as they thought, that I was the one who should become Alpha after our father died, not him. So one night, I killed him as he slept. It was clean, he barely even knew I was there. He wasn't competition anymore, and our father would have no choice but to admit that I was the strongest son, the best to lead the pack." Kai suddenly growled and slammed his fist down against the table where the books lay, looking down to their pages. "Instead, he mourned the loss of his golden boy, his favourite, and banished me from the pack, chased me off our lands and told me never to go back, that he had lost both sons that night." The black male straightened up, still snorting his obvious anger. "I spilt the blood of my own family and I felt nothing of regret or remorse or grief." He couldn't know it, but it was a statement that the female before him might relate to.

Slowly, the tension released from his muscles and he moved back over to the couch, and it seemed that as his eyes returned to Axelle's, a light smile drifted over his muzzle, as he reached over casually, his hand coming to rest on her leg as she faced him. "When I found out that Anathema was a sanctuary for those with a darker past, I knew I was meant to come here, that this was the pack I was meant to join. And I think that now, I know why." Her. If he hadn't have come to this pack, if he hadn't have been chased from his own, he wouldn't have met her. "So... Now you know about my less-than-innocent history... Feel like sharing something of yours?"

<style>
.superduoper4 b {color:#333399;}
.superduoper4 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superduoper4 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#2B4566; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 120px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-image:url
(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... terfly.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#92C6ED; width:450px; text-align:justify; }.superduperbord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread