Shadows of the Past
[html]

Dans is a neutral land that used to be here, but I guess they did away with it. Anyways, I dont know if I spelled it right O.o BEWARE: MONSTROUS post !

Axelle listened intently to his stories, not once judging him. They all had their reasons, and hearing his made her a little more sure that he wouldn’t freak out knowing her story. Her eyes followed him as he paced around the library, and she jumped ever so slightly when he pounded his fist onto the table. She didn’t know why she jumped because the anger wasn’t directed at her, and maybe because it was so sudden. When he returned to the couch and put a calm hand on her leg, she spoke up, ”I can relate.” She would tell him.

Axelle started off her story looking at him, ”I first came to Anathema bloody, after I had been attacked and raped by Kemo, a blind wolf; but for a blind wolf, he knew how to get around pretty well. My wounds were deep and still bleeding, even after I had been traveling for hours; I was walking aimlessly looking for somewhere where I wasn’t afraid to go to sleep. I picked a hill, probably on the outskirts of the borders, but I was too out of it to tell, and I laid down on a hill. They all led down to a flat meadow, but I didn’t want to sleep there – it was too open.” The memories hurt when she remembered them. She remembered the pain she was in, and she wanted it to go away. ”Naniko found me and took me in for a few days. She healed the most serious of my wounds, and let me stay here for about 3 days.” Axelle, too now rose from the couch and walked over to the table, leaning on it and looking at the floor, ”When I felt better, I left to look for Kemo. I wasn’t the type to let him get the better of me and do nothing about it. Even though, I wanted to beat him like he beat me, I couldn’t. I knew I wasn’t strong enough, so I planned out his revenge – I would make nice with him, and then get him at his most vulnerable. He never knew I was crazy enough to do it, and him being blind did help a lot too. He could only rely on his nose and ears so much…”

She couldn’t look up at Kai, since the juicy part was coming up. ”I smoked weed with him a few times to make sure that he thought we were ‘cool’. All the while, I was pregnant with his pups. I had no intentions of keeping them, so I incorporated them into my revenge plan.” Here it comes. ”So, when it was time to give birth, I ventured out into Dans l’obscure where I saw a shack once before. Despite the contractions the whole way there, I made it in time to make preparations and then give birth. I propped myself against the wall of the tiny shack, on top of a blanket that I brought along, and gave birth to 5 pups, 2 stillborn and 3 healthy ones, alone. I laid them next to me, and took a nap for about an hour.” She didn’t remember how long it exactly was. ”I chose to starve them because it was them that I was really taking my revenge out on. When it was time, I went out and started a fire,” She switched her gaze from the floor before Kai to the table next to her; anything to look at, but him. ”I had brought a lighter with me, but it helped that I found some old gasoline by the shack. I gathered sticks and logs from around and threw them all in there, and soon I had a raging fire. Then I went back in the shack and rolled the pups up in the blanket so that they wouldn’t freeze to death before I got to kill them,” Her voice was shaking, and she didn’t really want to relive this again, but she had to tell him.

”I placed the blanket of pups a little bit away from the fire, so that they were warm enough, but not burning yet. I threw the stillborns in the flames first, and then I started with the live ones.” Her breathing had picked up, it was hard for her, but she needed to get this out, ”Their yelps were almost unbearable in the first couple of seconds, but I had to keep it in my mind that they were the Devil’s pups. I couldn’t keep them no matter what. So, I continued to let the one cook until all its skin shriveled away and its bones turned to ash.” She sucked up her sadness and turned to the good part of the story, ”So, then Kemo comes along, like I knew he would, and sits down with me. I tell him to join me, so he sits down next to me. He had front row seats to the execution of his own pups. I threw the second one in and watched it squeal and burn, giving him the third and last live one. He throws it in too.” She took a deep breath and looked up at Kai, ”I burned my own puppies alive because they were conceived by rape. I couldn’t stand to let them grow up and look into their faces to remember just how they were created. And even if I were to let them live, I would’ve been the most horrible mother to them – either way they would’ve had a shitty life. Death was the best way, and also it was a good way to get back at Kemo, even though he never knew it.” She returned to the couch, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. Her eyes were serious as they looked into Kai’s, ”I thought you should know since you have this fascination with them. Even if you were planning to have them with me one day, you deserve to know that I am capable of something like this. Sibling rivalry is one thing, but a mother killing her own is another. I don’t know if you’d be able to live with this, knowing that your potential mate is a puppy killer, but you deserved to know and I told you. I will understand if you decide it’s too much for you.” She looked away from him and tucked her head in between her knees. If she were to lose him, she wouldn’t know what to do. She supposed she would know what Lucia felt like that one day they shared a drink, and become a bitter hag that never knew love and wouldn't ever know love because she pushed it all away either by threatening it or killing it.

Word Count → 1127

Points → 11

<style>
.enemy {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15cgius.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 102px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.enemy .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.enemy .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.enemy .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.enemy .pts {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.enemy p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.enemy b {letter-spacing:1.5px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:16px; color:#FB8717; font-style:none; letter-spacing:0em}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread