Shadows of the Past
[html]

WC:448+ - OOC Thanks! I had some genius make it for me :-) Points - 3

It seemed the female was pleased with his reaction to her revelation, his arms tightening just a little as she leaned into him, fiding himself growing more and more protective over her the more he was around her. Hearing her words, the black male chuckled a little, but didn't answer. Made for each other, hmm? It was nice to think that she thought they were so compatible, even after both of their dark secrets had been revealed. After a moment, he did answer her, letting his head bow to nuzzle gently agains hers. "Oh, I understand that what you do is for the best. And even though, usually, what I do isn't for the best, sometimes I have brief shining moments of amazingness where I'll act in the best interests of someone other than myself. Though those moments are few and far between." He chuckled a little playfully, feeling her fingers tease against his ears, flicking them every now and again as if shooing her hand away, only to mischeviously snap his jaws at her finger as he turned his head, never intending to get anywhere near it.

As she spoke of being a great mother someday, Kai let his smile warm, but laughed when she kissed the end of his nose. His embrace only grew tighter as he let his hand draw small, invisible patterns against her fur idly. And then, it hit him. Axelle had referred to him as 'love'. He thought about it for a moment, rolled the term around in his head somewhat, before he nodded firmly, confirming to himself that it was a term he rather enjoyed hearing from her. A much better alternative to Cupcake.

Sitting there with her, so close, after allowing himself to become so vulnerable to her, and her to him, he felt like they had achieved something, like some hurdle had been overcome and after a long moment, his head bowed, inhaling gently against the top of her head as he nuzzled down against her, his voice low. "You know... I don't suppose anyone would mind too much if we took a few of these books back to my den..." He pulled his head back a little to gauge her reaction to his suggestion, that they leave the public environment of the library, in favour of the more private chambers of his den. "I mean, you welcomed me into yours last time, so it's only fair that this time, I let you have a sniff around my place." His muzzle offered a light, reassuring smile, and yet his eyes seemed to spark just a little with the possibilities of what he had suggested. Malakai could only wait for her reply.

<style>
.Kai01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Kai01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Kai01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#e7d4b3; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kai01 {background-color:#5a4726; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/6ogymf.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 315px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Kai01-border {width:482px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread