Wandering
My fourth attempt at trying to post this. I'll handle the double post, so don't sweat it. Also, eight months is really twelve years for humans.

Lukos looked up from his carving, smiling at the wolf speaking to himself. "you talk to yourself too? It happens when your lonely. Well, that's when I start talking to myself." He stopped carving his spear and looked at the stranger. "Never fished eh?" he said with a grin. "Watch this." He drove the half finished spear into the ground, carrying his knife with him.

He waded out in the lake, looking for a good fish. He finally spotted an old trout, swimming lazily around. He held the bottom of the knife's hilt between his thumb and index finger, like a pincer. Suddenly he flung the knife as hard and fast as he could at the trout, hitting it on the back, with it's blade digging in his scales three inches. The trout thrashed with all it's being, but the knife weighted it down long enough for Lukos to run up to it and grab it. He laughed at his luck, because he actually thought that it wouldn't work. "You learn tricks like that when you spend eight months of your life with fishers." he said with a grin. It only worked half the time went he attempted it, and mostly when it was old fish like the trout.

He put the trout out of his misery by chopping it's head off, then he waded back to the lakeside. "Here. Plenty more were that came from." He tossed the now decapitated trout to the wolf, walking past the black one and picked up the half finished spear. He started carving again when the wolf asked if Lukos needed a traveling partner. Lukos stopped carving, looking at the wolf with a half smile. He looked down at his spear, thinking about his question. "I guess you can travel with me, on one condition." He looked back up at the grey wolf, wondering how he would take the question. "What's your name?"

Messages In This Thread