Take to the Sky
[html]

WC :: 530:: After this jam packed wedding weekend (not mine, a friend’s), I feel like my muse is pretty much spilling over from not writing for so long! Love it!

The blonde woman was pleased and she all but glowed with the grin upon her maw and her hand upon the fallen doe. Jiva agreed with her idea of perhaps turning the old mother’s hide into something useful for the alphas and Niro seemed to be welcoming of this thought as well. She knew Zalen and Titania liked to uphold the more natural qualities in their pack as they were all wolves when it came down to it, but the woman was aware that both of her leaders used their Optime forms when necessary and they weren’t at all opposed with their members using it for an extreme humanized lifestyle. In the woman’s mind, gardening and leatherworking were just as natural as walking around on four legs. She was about to collect human weaponry or livestock that she heard some neighboring packs harbored, or even begin wearing the clothes she had heard so much about.

Her seal point ears flicked forward, perking at the conversation the men were holding about how they would get the prize back to New Dawn. Jiva’s suggestion seemed to spark something in Niro, and his father quickly moved off to shift and then began looking around. Drin cautiously followed the gray male, curious as to what he was up to when his hands pulled up a large branch. A flashback memory formed in her brain as the word fell off her lips, travois... her fingers moved to her mouth. How did she know this word? But even more, how did she know what this was? You will build something like a travois? She asked Niro, her eyes now filled with wonder at this explosion of realization. Her brow furrowed as a hand kneaded her forehead. Did Syliat show me this? The woman thought to herself as she joined Niro in the search for another large branch. They’d need two to criss cross somewhat at the top, the dear could lay across the two branches while the ends would drag on the ground, and the men could tie off the top to create a handle or harness for themselves to pull.

If Niro’s plan all along was to skewer the deer from mouth to rump, Palaydrian was about to teach both of the males something new. She came back with another large branch, roughly the size of Jiva’s father, and in one fist the woman held a few large fern leaves. These could be laid across the top of the branches were the load would be borne, in order to keep the deer from from snagging on anything or getting cut up by the forest undergrowth. The leaves would make something of a padded surface. One more thing, she said as she laid down her items and moved back into the surrounding to come back with a few smaller branches, but still thick in diameter. These could be tied to the large branches beneath the leaves to create the sturdy carrier for the deer carcass. Do you have rope? She asked, finally turning her attention back to Niro and Jiva.

Credit goes to Haley for such a pretty table! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinbird b {font-weight:bold; color:#d74a65; letter-spacing:1px; }
.drinbird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.drinbird p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.drinbird {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfbfc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ty8C5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 440px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ed6262; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread