Take to the Sky
[html]

WC: 382 OOC: Niro is optime, wears a belt with assorted pouches, gloves and a knife. :3. Also let Drin post first pls!

Niro had much to think about. His daughter was a mother and he a grandfather! He had a hard time learning at first but could tell she did things the right way, which made him so very proud of her, and he had his first litter around her age, in a way he wouldn’t advise to anyone, so he spent the night close to New Dawn where his son lived. He waited a day on purpose because he wanted all that Maggie had to say to sink in before he gave Jiva the news.

It was a pretty calm day, though the wind blew quite hard and it was against him as he moved up the hill of a mountain that was claimed as New Dawn’s territory. He had a hard trek but hopefully it would be worth it and he saw his son, and hopefully the news would be good and that he didn’t have any children yet himself. When he came passing by he had shown Jiva his children, but the boy seemed entirely alone. Niro didn’t wish that on his son but he prayed that the boy learned his lessons well. The scent of New Dawn came full blast to Niro’s nose, but he knew it was the wind, he would go up a few more paces before stopping. The wind wasn’t too wild, but it made it just hard enough that Niro didn’t want to go up another hill again.

Approaching his destination he stopped and lifted his maw up to the sky and howled a song for his son. Marahute, who flew above returned the call with her own as she flew above Niro. The man found a rock to sit on and let himself rest to wait for his child to come. Jiva was the last born before Tasha and Heiro and he had been Niro’s oldes boy. His three daughters before him were the eldest of his children, but it was Jiva he had really gotten to be a parent with first as the mother of the girls kept them away from him saying he wasn’t neaded. Niro adjusted his belt ready to see his son and hopefully see the grown man he turned into the last months he hadn’t seen him.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 643 :: All bruising is yellowed now, ribs are no longer wrapped, but still slightly swollen, and random cuts are all small pink lines. The ugly scarring on her inner thigh is still a dark red, but fur is beginning to grow back over it.

Deuce had been right! Palaydrian’s vision in her right eye was restored in full, though both of her eyes now shared shared the heterochromia look. The ocean hues in her right eye which had taken the brunt of Aram’s closed fist, were now permanently flecked with a scarlet red, much like blood diffusing through water, but having her sight back was all that she had wanted. The splotch of blood in her left had dissipated a few days ago and all that remained was the spot of sea green against its luscious amber hue. The girl feared the blur would never go away, but when she had woken up in the morning and made her way to the river to bathe, she realized with surprise that everything she saw on the way was taken in with perfect clarity.

Drin experiencing her second week of the torturous heat cycle her body so graciously reminded her that she was fertile each month and after a rather racy dream, she had left the den to cool off both mentally and physically in the river. She had washed her long tresses with soaproot she had found nearby and once satisfied that her naughty heat thoughts would plague her no more, Drin had waded out of the water, and laid out in the grass to dry herself in the sun. Hopefully her little rinse would abate the heat scent as well. It was getting easier to move around, now that the bruises and rope cuts on her wrist were gone and the swelling in her bruised ribs had significantly gone down. Deuce had believe a few of her ribs had been cracked and that’s why it was taking so long, but the subord had been overjoyed when she was told she could remove the wrappings. Still no hunting or any strenuous activity was allowed until further notice and that also meant no shifting.

She felt lazy, but knew that was a silly thought, at least she could still garden. But it had been weeks since she had tasted life blood in her mouth from a hunt and Drin was afraid she be a little more than rusty. Yet, Jiva provided for her and filled her days with activities and adventures to pass the time, something she was incredibly grateful for and something she desperately wanted to pay him back for in...well ways only heat could suggest. She lightly bit down on her tongue with the thought when a howl and a cry of a bird wavered in the distance. Jiva? She rolled off the ground and stood up, wavy hair now a bit more manageable that it was damp. Her hands grabbed it at the nape of her neck and twisted it down to her navel before tossing it over her shoulder to move towards the mysterious voice.

The first time she had heard someone call Jiva’s name, it had been a visit and a day she didn’t like to much remember, but this was a male, and his call was possessive...no, it was paternal. Her heart began to pick up its pace as her legs moved faster, carrying her towards the borders she still wasn’t ready to cross. As she neared the heavily marked territory of New Dawn, Drin slowed down to pick out the strangers scent within the familiar ones before her eyes were drawn to a gray male sitting upon a rock. But her eyes were fixed to the mohawk between his ears. The similarity was instant and Drin couldn’t help but begin to smile as she continued her approach, but it wasn’t until she saw his green eyes that she knew who the stranger was. You must be Jiva’s father, she said, now fully grinning. It wasn’t a question it was definitely a statement.

Credit goes to Haley for such a pretty table! <3.

<style type="text/css">
.drinbird b {font-weight:bold; color:#d74a65; letter-spacing:1px; }
.drinbird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.drinbird p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.drinbird {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfbfc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ty8C5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 440px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ed6262; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 446 OOC: Open de open to all Smile

Today was the day he was going to do it. He was going to ask her the question. Nothing would stop him. He found his present he had well hidden in the forest for Drin and he was on his way to find the siamese colored woman. His heart fluttered with excitement and anticipation. He hurried through the trees of his home towards the den, imagining the reaction she would have.

That was until he heard the howl. It made him stop dead in his tracks. The howl was for him and it was his father. His father was here to visit him! He was torn two ways, but deciding that he could ask Palaydrian later he rushed towards the border as quick as he could. He knew that being on all fours would be faster but as he was in his optime for Drin until she was able to shift he felt himself stuck in this form as well as her. He felt this would help her in her time of need and he wasn’t going to cheat. He had been pretty far off so when he got to where he heard his father he saw someone else there. Grinning he hid a hand behind his back that held the object he was going to present her with. He wasn’t sure she would be too happy if he did this infront of his own father. With the other hand he held it out for his father to take hold of. They both embraced before Jiva spoke.

“Dad! It is so great to see you! What brings you here! And I see you have met my well Palaydrian.”

He was going to say love, but he was still not sure if he should even call her that much. They had been close recently and he could barely keep her out of his sight, especially with the heat she was going through. He looked at his dad, happy to see the man just as whole as he was a few months ago.

“Drin, it is good to see you too,”

He said kindly to the woman he wanted as his mate. He bent over to kiss her cheek, but stopped short not sure if she was into showing even kindly affection off to his father. He knew how odd it was to see the grey mohawked man. The man who’s mane stayed up even after a dip in the water. He actually looked far more like his mother than his father with the exception of that one green eye and the sleek wolf body with large paws. xz

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC: 300 OOC: More people are most welcome to join in Big Grin

Niro didn’t have to wait long, but as his tail began to wag he could tell the scent was not Jiva’s nor was the fur color as he saw the wolf moving through the trees, no it was a woman and she was coming to greet him. As she got closer he could see that she had been in a recent fight, he looked at her from head to toe as she moved to him, not sure how to take this woman. she was obviously a part of the pack but why come when he asked specifically for Jiva? Then she spoke it was a beautiful young voice and he forgot his questions at once and he smiled nodding.

“I am. I am Niro Takekuro to most everyone else.”

The elder said with a wink. Then Jiva came hurrying through the trees to greet him one hand hidden behind his back and the other outstretched for Niro to grasp. The man did so with a wide, happy grin on his face. His son had grown so much. He certainly filled out since the last time they saw each other.

“It is great to see you Jiva, and to meet you as well Palaydrian.”

The man had to smile inside, now he knew the reason for the woman coming here and he saw that look in Jiva’s eyes, but Niro couldn’t help but wonder why she had been hurt so badly. If Jiva were with her Niro was sure he would have defended her though the man had no marks on him. There was no thoughts that came to Niro that Jiva himself did it himself, he had never been that kind of wolf to mistreat anyone especially such a pretty lady.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC ::353 :: Drin is a happy camper. All are welcome!

Niro! It’s such a pleasure to meet you, my name is Pa- the golden fae’s voice cut off as soon as the musk of Jiva hit her nares and the red furred man made his way out of the woodwork and towards them. Her grin broadened as the wolfdog introduced her to his father as his own. She nodded her head in reply offering a hand to Niro and turning her attention to Jiva once more as he greeted her as well. Though her bi colored counterpart hesitated, she didn’t, the siamese girl rose up onto her tippy toes and placed an affectionate kiss on his cheek before turning her ocean gaze back to Jiva’s father.

Slightly breathless from the excitement, she lunged forward in attempt to hug the gray male and collided into his chest. I’ve heard so much about you! Ever since I heard stories about you from Jiva, I knew I had to meet you someday...I can’t believe it’s actually happening! The young woman launched into giddy laughter as she squeezed her gloved arms around his middle as much as her bruised ribs allowed her to. Suddenly she became aware of how silly she must appear to the father of the man she loved, but she couldn’t help it, she was just so happy to meet a part of his life and couldn’t believe she actually had such an opportunity as she knew Jiva would most likely never meet her family members.

She released Niro from her over excited grip and gave Jiva a slightly embarrassed smirk, with a small giggle. I feel I must thank you passing your knowledge of leatherworking onto your son, he’s been teaching me as much as he can about the craft as well, she confessed with a grin, but she realized Niro’s eyes were examining her body closely now and she knew they were finding all the healing cuts and the yellow wash in her face. She tried to ignore the knowing look and remained positive, explaining the attack would only ruin his visit.

<style type="text/css">
.drinbird .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.drinbird {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfbfc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ty8C5.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 440px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ed6262; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Harummmm

Word Count → 381

She wasn’t as shy has him that was for sure and that’s one of the things he loved about her. He grinned at her kiss, and finally returned it with his own on her cheek. He had to be careful for he was still awfully aware that she was in heat. He grinned as she spoke animatedly to Niro then guffawed when Drin nearly knocked the grey man over in a hug. He felt no jealousy because he knew that his father was a mated man and she was just excited to see the man she heard so much about. He had to admit. He did talk about his dad often, but he had kept to the man and helped him with so much when he was a pup. He grinned with pride. Though the larger of the men didn’t say why he was here Jiva knew he would in time.

“Yeah he could teach you far more advanced than me. He can sew with the sinew of an animal and make stuff I can’t even dream up.”

Jiva said grinning at the man. He looked up to see the ever faithful Marahute gliding through the skies. He grinned and pointed up.

“And pretty much the best one with the birds as well. Marahute can fly again!”

Jiva said almost astounded. His father said that after her accident she wouldn’t be able to but here was proof that the bird was evidently flying. Perhaps her wing healed far better than the older man anticipated. He whistled for the bird, but she only gave a call back. He frowned and looked at his father.

“She doesn’t like me just like always.”

The man said grumpily. Though his call brought the bird companion he tended to hunt with, and the one that gained the majority of Drins meals. Jiva wasn’t going to say that much to the woman not now at least. He was more worried about her well being than who her food was caught by. Tobias flew to Jiva, but instead of landing on his shoulder he perched on a branch. He looked at Drin and shrugged. He wasn’t anywhere near good with birds as his father was.

image and table by raze

<style type="text/css">
.zeebadark b {font-weight:bold; color:#5e4c83; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zeebadark p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zeebadark {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ol1g8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:250px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:13px; color:#494b53; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:20px;}
.zeebadark .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px solid #5e4c83; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px;}
.zeebadark .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 463

The hug took the man by surprise and he had to take a step back from being bowled over. Laughing he patted her shoulder a little, noticing her alluring scent. If he weren’t attached to the mate he had now... well things would go far differently for them. It was lucky he loved his mate and she was Jiva’s he could tell that from the second Jiva shyly came up to her. He smiled looking over at the red boy... no he was a man now.

“Are all your packmates this excited? I should hope to meet them one by one if so.”

He chuckled, another wink and he lit up at her praise. It was true he did teach his son leathercrafting, but for the boy to hold in enough knowledge to teach it was impressive. He couldn’t help but feel even more pride for the young man. He was doing himself well out here even without his father to protect him.

“Yes I can make gloves, boots, hats, clothes, anything really. Just takes time and materials to do it. Though I think I’m more of a bird kinda guy.”

He said laughing as Jiva failed to call Marahute down, though, unsurprising to the grey male, was sucessful in calling the redtail that Niro originally caught. It was his first catch too. He said a greeting to the small bird and then asked for Marahute to come down. She obliged and landed squarely on Niro’s shoulder, which was now quite use to her landings.

“I figured I’d give you a visit, your mother is doing well, and so are your brother and sisters. Also, you are an uncle now!”

He finally announced. He patted Jiva on the shoulder, finally feeling lighter about giving the news. He was happy very happy especially since Jiva was courting someone who smelled of heat which meant she wasn’t pregnant herself. That just made the man feel a little too happy.

“Maggie had some pups not too long ago with her mate. I just can’t believe you children are all so grown up.”

The man wasn’t going to cry, no he was too proud for that, but he did just radiate with pride and joy. He loved his children to the ends of the earth as he loved his sister. He would protect them with every inch of life he had. Though now he had a sly grin on his face as he turned to Drin. He was not shy one bit.

“So are you to be Jiva’s mate then? I can’t help but notice the two of you. Just promise me you’ll keep him in line.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 587 :: Shy Drin!

Drin affectionately moved closed to Jiva, as she was becoming more accustomed to being at his side the past few weeks as the two caught up. The subord wondered if anyone else would heed the unfamiliar howl and greatly hoped so, it sounded like Niro could offer the pack a lot, if not friendship and news of other packs. She smiled and finding all the similarities between the two amusing and endearing. She loved the man beside her so much she simply wanted to gush herself, but that would be odd as this was the first time she was meeting Niro. She was amazed that someone would think to take the sinew from deer and other hides to tie things together. And she decided she’d like to try this out for herself someday, but the golden girl giggled and playfully pinched Jiva’s side. You cheapen your skills! Don’t be so modest, you’re an excellent teacher...though I’m sure Niro could show us both a few more things. I’m especially interested in the sewing bit...and though I choose not to don clothes, a pair of gardening gloves would be perfect! She made up her mind. If Niro wasn’t staying long, the two would have to visit him in his own packlands to further their leatherworking skills.

Her eyes sparkled as she tilted her head back to look at the bird circling above. A master of fowl too, now this is something I didn’t know, she responded with excitement. Never had she thought to take in another creature as her own...as a pet. It never occurred to her that they could be companions or friends. Drin suddenly wanted one as she realized Jiva had a feathered friend of his own as well. And you too! She grinned as she pointed towards the red tailed hawk. How did you keep such an interesting secret? She teased, trying to mimic the sound he had made, but becoming even more surprised when Niro created the sound and his bird of prey landed on his shoulder. She opened her mouth in amazement, knowing she wished to possess such an ability someday. Her great grandmother had snakes...but this was, this was truly something.

Palaydrian listened as Niro explained his visit and revealed that Jiva was now an uncle. A feeling of pride and warmth filled her own breast as she reached down in attempt to squeeze Jiva’s hand. She loved that his family seemed to be all within traveling distance, well at least all contained within the ‘Souls lands and she hoped it wouldn’t be too much of a request to ask to meet them all someday. Maggie must be one of his sisters...oooh pups...a girl could dream. Puppies were always such a joy. Drin loved little Lucia and would protect her as her own if Kiara were away. She knew she was in no condition for breeding at the moment, but by her next heat cycle, she wasn’t so sure if she could keep her paws off Jiva much longer. It was the season of love and though she was still young, starting a family was definitely on her to do list.

A deep blush entered her cheeks in response to Niro’s inquiry. She shyly looked to Jiva, feeling like she was back by the river with Zalen and Tharin when they had asked about their relationship as well. Well.. she began.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 506 OOC: DO NOT LOOK TILL YOU READ OR YOU ARE A CHEATER HAHA:http://i.imgur.com/EpUxa.png oh and you can skip Niro's reply Big Grin

Jiva waved off her compliment with his free hand he wasn’t sure he was the best teacher, but he did like it nontheless. He smiled at her as she nearly freaked out with joy over the birds. She asked him about his secret, though he didn’t mean to make it one, he did remember that Tobias had been missing for some time, only showing himself here and there.

“He comes and goes as he pleases really I think he thinks we are either going hunting or I’ve got food for him.”

He shrugged and looked up at the bird who tilted his head at Jiva. The talk changed for the better... or was it worse? He didn’t know. All that he could remember about his sister was that she was never there and she gave Niro many grey hairs if he he wasn’t born with them already. He did smile though. An uncle, so Niro was a grandfather and it wasn’t Jiva’s doing!

“I do hope the pups are well. I don’t know where she lives but I am glad Maggie is happy.”

The young man said genuinely. Then he blushed entirely at Niro’s comment. He still had his back to Palaydrian and it seemed his father had a knack for knowing exactly what was going in Jiva’s head and for some reason that gave the man confidence, and then the look on Drin’s face made him decide to speak up now, because if not now he doubted he would get a better chance.

“Actually I... I was planning on something with her today... but alone, though I think it’s fair that you are here. It leaves at least one witness...”

He looked Palaydrian with his eyes and smiled at her warmly, knowing he could spend the rest of his days with her and doing this in front of his father didn’t seem too bad at all, in fact it seemed right, he wasn’t going to pressure the woman, if she said she would have to give him the answer later he would wait.

“Palaydrian. I know that we have only known each other for a short time now, but every moment I have spent with you has been wonderful, you have treated me so well and to be with you makes me feel... like I can accomplish anything. I talked to Zalen before I left a few days ago, I asked him permission to do this.... Palaydrian Soul, will you do me the greatest honor of being my one and only mate?”

From around his back he produced a rose gold circlet in which he had scavanged from the city not too far from here. It was perfect for Palaydrian’s head and he knew it was exactly for her from him as his mateship gift. He knew he didn’t have to give her anything, but he felt that she deserved something to show her his love for her

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC :: 438 :: *explosions of happiness* Watch as Drin combusts!

...you see...feeling as if her heart were about to explode out of her chest, the golden haired woman began stammering, but Jiva saved her the trouble and embarrassment by taking over. She breathed out a sigh of relief as the red man began, but suddenly she was holding her breath in once more. A witness...why would we need a witness? She thought to herself, suddenly realizing what this could only mean as her ocean eyes searched Jiva’s face for an answer. Now her heart really began pounding against her chest and causing small spasms of pain to ripple through the bruised flesh between her ribs, but despite the pain, Drin’s lips began drawing back in a demure smile.

Could this truly be what she thought it was? Were her endless dreams of building a future with Jiva at her side actually coming true? She felt her palms beginning to sweat and felt a giddy faintness building in her head and when his green and purple eyes connected with hers, all her butterflies and all her doubts evaporated into thin air. All that mattered was this moment as everything else fell away, Niro, Marahute, and Tobias as their party melted into the background and there was simply Jiva and Palaydrian, two hearts racing as one.

Her eyes began to well up as she listened to Jiva’s proposal, already ready to scream out to the world “yes!” The tears began to fall as he explained how she made him feel and she could only nod her head vigorously for he had been the same to her, if not more especially over the past few weeks. The young woman now had her answers to where he had gone the other day in such a rush, claiming he had errands to run, but of course he need to ask Zalen’s permission...everything was making sense now, and then he spoke her full name and her gloved hands rose to her face to cover the ecstatic grin spreading across her visage when he said the words she had so desperately wanted to hear from the moment she’d kissed him in the moonlight.

Drin gasped at the gift he presented and immediately knew she’d love whatever Jiva gave her before she rushed forward and threw her arms around the Takekuro man’s neck. Yes! A thousand times yes! Her tears fell freely now as she tilted up her head to deeply kiss him, completely forgetting their company, as she was so fully consumed with Jiva, her husband, her one true love, her mate.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 310 OOC:

The moment he asked the question time seemed to stop at least for him so he wasn’t sure if she was waiting to answer or if she was finding a good way to turn him down. Whatever the case was it seemed like forever when she gasped and threw her arms around him. Jiva grinned and wrapped his arms around the woman, not believing that she truly did say yes, and he too forgot his father as he picked her up and twirled her around as she kissed him. This had to be the happiest moment of his life, though when he finally made a full circle he remembered himself and his guest and blushed, though he still held onto the one woman he would not let go of.

“Um, So I think it’s more of a mates now.”

He said with a grin and then put the circlet on the woman’s head. It was absolutely perfect. He couldn’t feel his face for his grin was almost perminantly there now. He was by far the happiest wolf dog in the world.

“Now you have something to go home and tell mom about. Though we wouldn’t mind if you stayed a little bit, I’m sure Drin has so many questions to ask you! I do not think Zalen would mind you coming to stay for the night, you’re my father and I can certainly vouche you won’t take his spot”

He said, winking at the grey man that took care of him since he was born. He knew Niro wouldn’t mind showing Palaydrian anything. Just now he was beeming far too much to know what to do anymore. He was a fulfilled man. And that made him wonder what children would make him feel like? That was something different altogether, he knew.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC: 352 OOC: People are still welcome to join in, and Niro is glad to give gifts away to anyone. He is a leatherworker and has many hides and stuff ready for the quick fix. Smile

Niro wished to tell Jiva where his sister lived but he promised her that he wouldn’t tell anyone. It was for the safety of the person he told, as the place was very keen on keeping its secrets and he was fine with that, he would have to send Marahute with a note letting Maggie know that Jiva was here and she should visit him. But that seemed to be pushed back in the pit of his mind when he saw Jiva squirm a bit and he knew exactly what was going on. Niro had been far more confident in his proposal to Amaranth, but the boy pulled it off so well and Niro laughed with joy as she accepted his proposal. Could this trip get any better? The offer was laid out for Niro and he nodded.

“I wouldn’t mind, I do have some leather stuff to work with, and I figured a gift to the Alphas would ease their consciences. I don’t know what they like though. I’ve never truely been a wild wolf.”

He said chuckling, he supposed some of his meat he caught not too long ago would be a warm welcome for the adult wolves, other than his services as a leatherworker or even woodworker for that matter, he had nothing else to offer. He was sure they would welcome more food if anything. Or even traps if they so chose to use them. most of what he made were live bait traps for birds though and he doubted they had any need for birds even though Jiva clearly had Tobias as a companion.

“I am truely very happy for you. Both of you. Congratulations, I feel honored to have witnessed this.”

He said finally, cutting off his daydream suddenly. Every word he said was true. It gave him pride that his son was growing up and being an honest man, one Niro had not gotten the chance to be. He was glad to give Jiva the childhood he would cherish and the life he lived seemed splendid.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 313 :: More should join!

Soul meets soul in lover’s kiss, and Drin did not want hers to part from Jiva’s as her lower half sailed through the air in a happy circle. She giggled as he set her down and both came back to reality where Niro had just witness their pairing. Her heart thumped away in her chest, as her love placed his beautiful mateship gift upon her head. She couldn’t believe what was happening, she felt she could burst from happiness. Her gloved hands moved upward to caress the outer edges of the circlet that perfectly sat atop her drying tresses. Oh... she whispered to herself as her hands moved down to her hot cheeks, to her heart, and eventually her sides again. Everything was perfect and beautiful in her world as her hand reached out to brush against her mate’s. Today, she didn’t want to let go, not even for a second. He was her family now and would fill that void within her heart.

Yes, you must stay! She said with vehemence once she found her voice again. And thank you...I wasn’t expecting this...at least not today, she confessed with a giggle, feeling the dull ache in her cheeks now as she had been smiling all this time. She needed to tell the world what had just happened, but she supposed later in the night, she and Jiva could announce their mateship with a moonlit howl. Giddy as ever, she turned her loving gaze back to Jiva, He couldn’t go wrong with the gift of flesh? She suggested. I’d love to see a demonstration of what you two do with your bird companions. They hunt right? She asked. A nice amount of rabbits would be a fine prize for the Alphas, and Drin knew how much Titania loved bones.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 308 OOC: HEY LOOK HUNTING PARTY!!!

Jiva beamed with pride as she seemed taken with her new gift. It was beautiful on her, and he knew that even without it she would be just as beautiful. He squeezed her hand happily as she took his and enjoyed her closeness as his father spoke of presenting the alpha’s with something. That surely would appease them and he knew it. Niro was a smart man and Jiva always would look up to his elder in such a way that he was awed by him. Jiva, being an only living child, had been cared for his every whim since he was a pup and since having no playmates was always with his father doing what he did. Jiva’s interests turned to other things as he got older but that made his fathers life no less interesting.

“Oh yes she is right, they would love that kind of gift surely!”

Jiva said, though he didn’t meet either’s eyes on this seemingly looking around to where they should take to hunting. He knew his fathers rules on using their birds. If he knew that Jiva had been “Cheating” with Tobias he would sincerely be mad. The young man was better a hunter with another. He chased better than he caught. He knew he was a pack hunter rather than a solo one. There were a few he did catch on his own but most of what he got was the work of Tobias. The bird didn’t seem to mind as he was far more successful and he brought the meals to Jiva knowing his hard time he had hunting on his own. The bird had witnessed it plenty of times. Jiva was quick and agile, but when it came to that last bit of speed he was always too short of killing an animal.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC: 347 OOC: bwahahaha this'll be interesting Big Grin

Niro felt happy and content. His son and now daughter in law were very welcoming. He felt very welcomed by the two. At the mention of his idea and her saying she thought they hunted with the birds he chuckled.

“The birds scout. For what we hunt they don’t really get in the way of those. Perhaps a deer? I’m sure they would love more than anything something bigger than a bunch of rabbits! With the three of us we can make something possible.”

Having once been the huntsman he had organized his packs hunts and led them. There had been only one hunt with injury and it was to his own self. He had lost his pinky and broken his leg, it was healed well by Alaine, but there were nights where it throbbed, that was usually when it was muggy and rainy out. Today was a perfect day to hunt.

“Perhaps we should do i outside the territory your alpha’s own. THat way it can truly be a gift.”

Niro turned to Marahute and blew a few flat whistles. She opened her wings, though stayed for a little bit before diving and flying up into the sky. Niro grinned as she showed off. The large eagle was bigger than his head was and it was thanks to him for giving her such a wonderful life.

“I remember when she was just an egg. Tobias was my first bird, he’s a few years older than she, but she is the only one I raised from a hatchling, come on, we should find a spot where we can see her. She’ll come back but it’s always better to follow and see where our target may be before we are on top of it.”

Niro said, moving down the hill, beckoning the two to follow him. He was excited for the hunt. It hadn’t been too long since he had hunted, but to be with his son in this hunt meant a lot to Niro.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 353 ::

When it came to owning pets, Palaydrian was clueless, but she was curious as to what the two did with their birds. It made sense that they’d make excellent scouts as a prey did not normally look above for enemies. The idea intrigued and fascinated her, and it showed on her face as Marahute took off from Niro’s shoulder. She gasped with surprise and squeezed Jiva’s hand a little bit harder. Such a magnificent creature so close in their presence and so willing to obey the orders of a different species. The possibilities of having such a friend seemed endless. What else could these creatures of the air do for them?

Perhaps some day, I could have an eggling of my own? It was more a musing than a question, though she wouldn’t be opposed to her new mate surprising her with one. Jiva was always full of wonderment and just when she thought she knew what he was up to next, he blindsided her with something else. She loved that about him. He truly did keep her on her toes and she was ready to start her life by his side.

A deer would be perfect....though I’m not sure how much help I’ll be in this form. She shrugged looking down at her ribs sticking out past her breast line and running a hand from her crescent brand mark and down. Deuce believes a few broke and that’s why the swelling is taking so long to go down. Unfortunately I cannot shift to my more natural form and...well I’ve been restricted from running about. She gave a soft defeated laugh. She truly wanted to help the man she loved and her new father in law. However...I’ve been told I have an exceptional sense of smell. Perhaps my nose and Marahute’s eyes could lead us in the right direction? This she knew she could do even blindfolded. Syliat had been a master in the art of hunting...and in killing, but murder was something she hadn’t taught her grandchild.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 484 OOC: Skipping le Jiva, and wheeeee Drin has work!!!

“Eggs are rather difficult to take care of without special care, even the hatchlings are almost far more demanding than that of a child. You would have to be very careful if it gets ill it can die just like that”

He snapped his fingers. He knew young one’s whimsical want for something so grand didn’t know that there was a huge responsibility behind it. He was ready for Marahute. He in fact stole her egg. He had nearly lost the poor thing a couple times. Now she was a fully fledged eagle. She had her grown feathers finally after a year and a half, and she was as big as the man’s head. He smiled kindly though. He wasn’t trying to dissuade her from having one, but to make her understand it was a hard undertaking and from the knowledge he had of this pack, they lived as much like wolves as possible.

As the conversation turned to hunting Niro laughed at the woman. He shook his head holding up his hand.

“I will not expect much from you but you CAN still participate, if you can move fast. I have a noisemaker that confuses animals. It’s not used often as most of my pack are capable of using all four paws, but I used it with my mate when we were out west.”

He pulled out an old rusted can and then from another pouch took out various pebbles. He put them in and wrapped it with the string he used for just that and tied it tight and shook it making loud noises. He grinned handing it to her.

“It is to make it sound like there is a whole pack after one. That way it will probably die of a heart attack before it gets to me. Jiva would be good as the chaser.”

Niro know the builds of other wolves and what they would be. Flanking or chasing or killing. He could see as Palaydrian as a killer or a flanker. Jiva was built to move quickly. His dog heiritage made it so that he didn’t tire easy under the long distance running. Niro knew the boy would be capable of that much. He moved seeing his companion in the sky calling and circling.

“Looks like she’s got something!”

Niro, unlike his son cared when someone saw his shifting he felt it a private practice so when he did shift he had gone behind bushes. The change was quick as he often changed back and forth mostly for hunting. Niro liked to be ready but he knew Palaydrian would not change, so he kept to a pace that would be comfortable for her. The deer or whatever it was would not leave any time soon and if so Marahute would follow it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

WC :: 418 :: ^_^

I guess I am getting ahead of myself, Drin chuckled with a shrug. Perhaps taking on an egg was more difficult than having a hatchling...or a yearling for that matter. She hadn’t thought about the amount of time a mother spent sitting on her eggs and keeping them warm and safe and then once they hatched, the amount of feeding and attention they needed. Perhaps she should stick with what she knew for now, but Niro’s warning wasn’t meant to turn her away from the idea of one day owning her own raptor of the sky. She smiled at him, he really did seem to love his Marahute and she could see why a man with his knowledge would want to give every new owner of such a magnificent creature a general rundown of what was to be expected.

Her smile broadened as Niro produced strange and noisy objects from his bags. She was about to ask what they were as her eyes looked off questioning to Jiva to see if he knew, but his father ended up filling in the blanks. She took the rusted cans from him and gave them an experimental shake. I know if I heard this in the woods, it might give me a mini heart attack, she giggled. Finding this metallic clink of the pebbles inside far less attractive than the wind chime she owned. I’ve never heard anything quite like this...but I can see how it would be used to flush out prey, she said as she gave it a few more shakes.

Her ears swiveled towards the circling bird in the sky as she called out. Hmm, she nodded, Niro must be right. Once the men changed to the forms she so envied to be in herself, she fell in line behind them her long muscular strides in two legged form still able to keep up with their four. She felt a much welcomed burning sensation in her legs of spending energy and it felt good after sitting around like an invalid for so long within the packlands. She wouldn’t try pushing it, but keeping a fast paced jog was something she definitely needed after so much downtime. Drin knew her limits and if her chest began to ache she’d slow down, but for now she was prepared with her noisemaker to scare up some deer and hopefully be a player in a successful hunt.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 252 OOC: Mrrrrr

Jiva listened to the exchange quietly. He didn’t have to interrupt his father nor did he have much to elaborate. He knew Drin would figure out what his dad said and what he had planned for her, though he was confused when he said she could hunt too. When Niro produced something that could make sound Jiva raised his eyebrows. How had he not heard of this before? He looked at his father, though not entirely unhappy about it. It would at least give a chance for the woman to participate.

“Just promise to be careful ok, as much as I love tending to you...”

He smiled and changed with his father. It was so good to be in lupus form and he wished Palaydrian could do the same. He knew she still wouldn’t be able to until her ribs were near to fully healed. He went to pace up with his father seeing Marahute circle. He kept pace though and waited for his fathers signal when he was motioned to go, Jiva hurried to move around the doe, keeping his scent off her for the time being. He knew Drin would be in good hands and he would see her in a matter of minutes but leaving her sight right now made him itchy and he wanted to just be by her side, but he would help his father take down the deer. There were four of them in this group. He watched, waited and listened.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

WC: 169 OOC: Pathetic on my part haha, i'll post niro and Jiva on next thread hehe

Niro could see Jiva ready himself and turned to drin. With a smile he spoke.

“You will be the distraction we need so you get up close and scare them, from over there. Jiva will herd one to me. Ok? So on my bark start shaking that thing.”

Niro’s nose had pointed to left side of where the herd was. THey would all be scared to the right but with Jiva in the back he would be able to push one out and bring her straight to Niro. That was the plan anyway. He waited for Drin to go and when she did he watched the herd waiting for the right moment. They barely knew what snuck in on them so he waited for many minutes until he could see which one would be targeted. He gave a light bark, one that all the animals could hear. The deer’s head rose up and Niro hoped the distraction and the chase would come straight away.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]