[M] And if I bleed...
He had sent Myrddin away again, to stay with Rosie. He had needed time to deal with the long conversation he'd had with his sister. He was sitting on his porch, staring absently at sky's old house, when the panicked call came to his ears. Mindlessly, he grabbed his pack and ran swiftly to where the leaders call had come from. His eyes took in her shape, making certain she was okay before the cloying scent of the monster who had once been his son came to him. Even as he registered the scent, his eyes dropped to the blooded mass on the ground. He recognized the little ones before he recognized his own sister.

The same savavagry that Liam had treated Tameri to had been inflicted on Gemma. Tal's face closed like an iron door being slammed shut as he knelt. He heard her whimpered words about the pups. " They will be taken care of. No more speaking, Gemma. " He took charge without a secind thought, his fingers sliding over her ribs to determine the damage. Usually he could tell without touching, but she was covered in blood. Tameri had been dead when he arrived. Gemma he could save. Even as his hands followed the curve of her ribs, his eyes turned to his niece and nephew. " This is Skye, she's not bad. She will help me with your mom. " His words were short and clipped, but the pups seemed to understand their uncle.

He muttered a curse as his nimble fingers found the break. He'd be able to do little for it except wrap her ribs. But before he could do that he needed to staunch the bleeding. He needed to get her home, where he could work on her with all of his herbs at the ready. "I need to get her home. I need two sturdy branches that we can carry without them breaking. " he unfolded a length of canvas, salvaged from making the pack boats sails and laid it next to Gemma. "I can't promise it won't hurt, sister, but I can promise you in the name of Rhiannon, I won't let you die. Even if I have to call my mother here, you will see your puppies grow up. "

He muttered a thanks to the leader as she came back with what hed told her to find. He slipped them into the sewn loops to make a stretcher. " Alright you two, follow us and stay close. " he gestured to the captiana to take the branches in either hand. " We'll need to be quick. "

Messages In This Thread