[M] And if I bleed...
((Was told I had permission to skip Skye, so here we go!))

Gemma convulsed and thrashed. The male and the leader tried to move quickly while keeping her safely on the stretcher. It took so long to get her to his home, with her scream echoing in his ears. As they arrived he could see Myrddin was waiting. The male couldn't spare the time to be proud his son had shifted sometime recently. Instead he spoke, his words short and terse. "Gauze, alcohol, hot water, my ointments, a needle or two, and thread."

Myrddin nodded and moved quickly into the kitchen, rummaging through the shelves. He threw several stones into the fire to heat up, so he could drop them into the water to heat it up after giving his father the items he'd requested.

He returned to where his father was already beginning to clean the wounds. Tal looked up for a moment, his eyes shadowed. "Your cousins have seen enough of this. Take them to my room and get them settled in. You know where I keep the jerky and bowls for water. Come back once that's done. There's plenty here for all of us to work on."

He glanced to the leader as Myrddin left to do as he said, his brow furrowed. "I heard him put stones into the fire. Take them and put them into the large cauldron of rain water. It needs to be hot, but not boiling. There are bowls in the cabinets, I'll need some of the hot water. Also..." He swallowed, shuddering slightly. "There are multiple small daggers on the shelves around the corner. Top shelf, closest to the room. Get them and set their tips in the fire. I need them heated up incase I have to cauterize anything. Next to them are sturdy leather gloves I'll need in the room." His words were hopeful that they wouldn't need to, but he knew the ear would keep bleeding, and probably several other deeper ones, until they were sealed shut.

As Myrddin returned, Tal had him keeping track of how Gemma's breathing and heartbeat were as he held a cloth to her ear. He needed to know if her breathing changed or her heartbeat slowed. For a moment he felt nauseated at his sister's condition, at the stench of blood already filling the room.

Messages In This Thread