[M] And if I bleed...
Her words brought a wave of fury to him, his hands balling into fists, his claws digging into his palms. His voice was fierce as he knelt to be on eye level to her, his beautiful sister. His voice was rough with the emotional pain he felt, his words firm, bordering on being harsh. "No. You won't. I'll give my own life before I let you leave us. Payne and Nate-River need you, Gemma. I need you. Lucifer didn't destroy you, don't let Liam destroy you." He pressed a kiss to her lips, unmindful of the eyes that may or may not have been watching. They might be half siblings through their mutual rapist, but they had been one time, star crossed lovers first, before they ever knew their connection.

He straightened, his hands aching. He stretched his fingers, and then got to work. His movements were sure, his hands steady. He spoke continuously under his breath, either describing what he was doing to himself, or debating with himself which herbal poultices to pack into which wounds. He realized the ear hadn't stopped bleeding as he finished spreading an astringent poultice over another wound. He felt sick as he paused. How long had it been? He wasn't sure.

"I'll need a heated dagger. Wear one of the heavy gloves so you don't burn yourself." He knelt by his sister, a spasm of fear and guilt running through him. "This will hurt, Gemma. I have no way of stopping the pain, not from this. It will stop the bleeding, though. I'm sorry, there is just no other way." His throat was tight as he slid another glove on, his uncovered hand pulling the bleeding ear taut as possible. As the heated blade met her ear he closed his eyes, though there was no way to block out the sickeningly sweet smell of burning flesh. He felt dizzy, knowing how much pain he was causing her, but the bleeding had to be stopped, and stitches wouldn't have worked. He pulled the dagger away after what seemed like hours but had only been seconds. He didn't hear it hit the floor as his eyes returned to rake over her body, studying the progress that had been made. All that was left was to wrap her ribs and do whatever he could for the wounds on her face.

Messages In This Thread