the daydreamer's nightmare is to never even try
[html]

(340) myrika you're a dork. :c

Myrika is by Alaine!

Myrika moved aside the leather flaps and slid into the dimness of the cave. Her eyes took a moment to adjust as her ears pricked upward at the sound of something hitting the wall. It sounded hollow, almost like a stick. When her eyes adjusted, Myri could not make out just what it had been, for Vesper sat before whatever it was. She smiled, a shaky sort of thing, and glanced around at the innards of the cave. Hi, she said. Perhaps this would be several magnitudes easier if she felt differently about Vesper -- perhaps not. Either way, she could change nothing about her situation now, and wouldn't have changed this particular part of it even with the power to do so.

We ought to talk, she suggested, hesitated, and decided to keep talking. It was fairly obvious why she was here -- to talk. I'm sorry to be so sudden, but -- Ezekiel has left, she said. Both ears dipped half-mast for a moment, but she forced them back upright. He made me the Aquila. She had been given no quarter in the delivery of this news, and she could not think quite clearly enough to deliver it any softer than she had. Her mind swam with possibilities -- challenge, rejection, simple flight. Any of the above might very well rend whatever bond between them null and void, and this -- more than challenge, more than losing this newfound position -- was what Myri feared above all.

I don't want anything to change, she said, quickly. I want you -- she stopped, wringing her hands together. As Inferni's Centurion, she said. At my side, she said, longing itching in her fingers. Myrika did not quite know how she meant this -- as Vesper had been at Ezekiel's side, or as Segodi and Kidorah, the last pair to rule Inferni together, had been at one anothers' sides? She decided not to clarify and left it to the pale Centurion to interpret as she would, turquoise eyes searching her scar-marked face.

<style>
#myriAlaineHorse {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineHorse p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineHorse p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
float:left; margin:10px;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineHorse .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineHorse .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineHorse b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineHorse u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineHorse b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineHorse b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineHorse b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread