[M] some kinda nerve
[html]

sorry for not replying sooner, I had the urge to do Ataxia posts yesterday. Also I marked it as mature because I suddenly realized Alma is going to swear. not sure if there's too much going on here, tell me if I should change.

Alma waited in silence, acknowledging those who passed with a glance but saying nothing. She could still feel her mother's presence, but she was similarly quiet. It was probably for the best. The orange coyote was angry, and ready to explode at anyone who came too close, and it showed in her body language. A deep frown set in her snout, and her posture was rigid. Her tail moved in a way that suggested irritation rather than happiness.

It was just as well that she did not have to wait long. A completely black coyote out of the mansion, carrying a bottle. Although she had never drank, she was knew what alcohol was and could smell it on his breath when he addressed her. She wrinkled her nose. This was not a good impression - somehow he'd managed to make her already poor opinion of him worse. At this point, she almost hoped for Emma's sake that this was not the same man. Unfortunately, there were no other black coyotes in the clan, or at least not any that were male.

"You are Angel, I presume." Her voice was deceptively calm. She stood up and turned toward to give him the full force of her disapproval. Her arms were crossed as she looked down at the sitting male. "I would say it's nice to meet you," She began, "but it isn't. Her voice lost its neutral tone. It was now clear, if it hadn't been before, that she was angry. "I know what you've done, you fucking coward. What kind of man makes a young woman pregnant and leaves her? Do you know how upset she is? How much you've made her cry? I found her sobbing in the bushes this morning because of you!" Her voice was quiet enough - she wasn't yelling or speaking loud enough for anyone to overhear her - but there was clear venom in her words.

"You are six years of age, and she's little older than a yearling. I can blame her mistakes on her youth but you - you should know better! How many other women have you fucked and left behind? How many puppies do you have, alone and fatherless?" She wanted to slap him, but somehow managed to maintain control. Her voice was getting gradually louder. There was always the possibility that others would hear, though she had intended to do it quietly. Now, however, she didn't mind the idea of shaming him publicly. Perhaps it would help him understand. "I've met men I thought were childish in their pursuit of pleasure, but none quite so bad as you. You're six years old and you're still trying to avoid the consequences of your actions - maybe it's best that your children won't know you. You're too much of a child to help raise them."

She stared at him with bright yellow eyes. Some part of her thought she should leave now that her piece was said, and yet her curiosity made her want to hear how the man would defend himself.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread